• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Drac (Review 3)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
What an absolutely picture perfect day with the temperature right at 78F and a nice, cool breeze blowing. I’m putting fire to a Tat Drac that has a dark brown wrapper that has a coarse sandpaper feel to it with minimal veins. It seems a bit on the light side as far as the weight, is firm when squeezed, and after clipping the tapered head at a slight angle, I find the draw with a perfect resistance and a sweet tobacco taste coming through.

I torch the foot and blow on the forming embers until there’s a nice even orange glow, and then take several puffs to get the smoke flowing well. My first draw has a rather mild to almost medium spice on the back of the tongue and throat with the smoke itself a close medium strength. The body is medium as well with the smoke smooth and creamy over the palate, very rich and delicious flavors that are quite sweet last long after exhaling slowly.

Through the first third the burn is a bit rough, yet corrects itself well becoming sharp with a medium to dark dull gray ash forming that holds strong until tapped off. The spice continues to be right at medium with the smoke following suit and flowing well through the perfect draw. Flavors are fantastic and incredibly rich with a nice twang and delicious sweetness that is lip smacking good as I exhale slowly through mouth and nose, the finish lasting on the palate.

Halfway in and the strength seems to build a bit, the spice now a really good medium and the smoke, still smooth and creamy, getting close to full strength and continuing to flow well through the absolutely perfect draw. The burn has been sharp with a strong ash forming. I can’t say enough about the incredible flavors coming through, simply sweet and rich on the palate and the finish very lasting.

I can definitely say that The Drac is coming along in an excellent way with sharp burn, perfect draw, and rich delicious flavors that last long on the palate. I still see these quite often coming up for sale and have to say that in another year or two they’ll be getting scarce much like the Franks. Now I’m really looking forward to seeing how the Boris is coming along.

10-08-10TatDrac003.jpg

10-08-10TatDrac001.jpg

10-08-10TatDrac002.jpg

I'm glad these are coming around. The one I had a year ago was pretty terrible.

Although I didn't get a chance to obtain a box of them, I recently had my first Drac from a mixed 5'ver. It was a pretty good smoke, at least I have a positive opinion of them. Thanks for following these as they age Greg.

Glad to hear the Dracs are coming around, but sad to say mine are all gone. I have to admit I was disappointed in this cigar. The Boris on the other hand have been exceptional. Haven't had the opportunity to smoke the Frank yet, but hope to remedy that soon. Looking forward to the Face.

I agree these are coming along great. With each one I have theyre becoming better and better. The last one I had was about 3 weeks ago and it was pretty damn tasty.

I smoked a Boris with a buddy last weekend for his b day
I thought it was a good cigar but kind a flat. I liked them much better ott

Don

Great review. Guess I'll have to break down and try one of these. It's been tough watching them for the last 12 months and not getting into them.

Great review. I agree completely. It is a nice turn around for a cigar that disappointed last fall.