• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Especiales

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It feels like a hot summer day with the temperature reaching almost ninety degrees, however in the shade of the large canopy umbrella with a soft breeze blowing, it feels excellent. As I sit in the shade in my comfortably cushioned patio chair, I gander at the Tatuaje Especiales I’m about to partake of. It’s a very nice looking lancero vitola with a Colorado shade Corojo wrapper that is smooth and not much by way of oils. It’s very firm when squeezed and has a nice wait in the hand with good bunching in the foot. I use my medium ring on the punch knife and the cap wants to crack in a couple of places, however I get it open without completely destroying it. The draw is somewhat tight, however I’m still getting ample airflow through the long cigar.

With the foot torched, I take a couple of puffs and then a nice, long draw. I find the draw actually perfect with smooth, almost creamy smoke flowing well. The first couple of draws were mild to medium in body with an incredibly rich, sweet cinnamon taste and a perfect spice that tickles the nostrils while exhaling through the mouth and nose. I’d say about the third or fourth draw, the smoke changed to a good full medium body and the rich cinnamon taste continued with a nice woodiness along with a nice citrus underneath.

The burn was razor sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds strong. There are several small cracks appearing throughout the delicate wrapper, however it doesn’t affect the smoking at all. The same flavors continue as before with the body still a good medium. I’m finding the finish is good, yet rather short on the palate leaving the mouth somewhat dry.

I have to say this is not like any Tatuaje I’ve ever smoked before with the sweet cinnamon being the core flavor with citrus coming through faintly. If I didn’t know this was a Tat, I would say it was a very aged Cuban cigar. This was most definitely a very interesting smoke and thoroughly enjoyable. The draw was spot on with a sharp burn and deliciously rich flavors. Excellent smoke!

04-24-09TatEsp001.jpg

04-24-09TatEsp002.jpg

04-24-09TatEsp003.jpg

I think these are my favorite Tats. While I haven't sampled every single shape and size, these just linger in my mind every time I have one. Love that cinnamon flavor.

Very nice review. Thanks, as always.

Nice review. I have only experienced Tats in the red label. They were good. My B&M doesn't carry Tatuaje's...kinda sucks to be honest.

Great review on an excellent stick!I dont know what it is about Lanceros but Ive been on a roll with them and have enjoyed all the ones I have smoked as of late.Its funny because I used to shy away from these sticks and as it turns out they are becoming one of my favorite shapes.Once again another spot on review.Thanks!