• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Frank (review 2)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Its been close to a year now, so time to fire up another Tat Frank to see how they’re coming along. The dark brown wrapper is oily and smooth with minimal veins, very well constructed from foot to triple cap. It’s very firm with a good weight in the hand and after a nice punch cut in the cap I find the draw to have a little more resistance than I like, however enough air is flowing through with good straightforward tobacco taste.

I put fire to the foot and take a few puffs to get the smoke flowing well, then take a long, slow draw and get a rather mild black pepper spice on the back of the throat with the smoke itself a good medium strength. It’s very smooth, almost a buttery texture with very rich tobacco flavor that is somewhat complex, sweet cocoa and roasted nuts come to mind. There’s an incredible twang in the delicious finish and quite lasting on the palate.

A third of the way and the burn is wanting to run to one side and with feeling the side I can tell why. There’s a very soft area running about an inch or so down causing the run. I finally end up having to touch up one side, and after a bit the burn straightens out quite well. The ash is a light gray and compact, holding strong until knocked off. Although the draw is a little tight, plenty of very rich medium-bodied smoke still flows through well, continuing to be smooth and creamy. Flavors are fantastic, that of sweet cocoa, cinnamon, baked bread, and roasted nutty goodness with a lasting finish on the palate.

Heading into the final stretch, the cigar is performing perfectly with the burn sharp and light gray ash firm and holding strong. The smoke continues to be smooth, creamy and medium in strength with flavors rich and simply delicious, lasting on the palate well after exhaling.

The Tatuaje Frank is coming along very nicely with the powerful black pepper spice that was there approximately a year ago having mellowed with the smoke now more smooth and creamy. This was a fantastic smoke and a perfect fit for my palate with good burn, excellent, complex flavors and lasting, delicious finish. Looking forward to trying yet another about this time next year. ;)

09-10-09TatFrank001.jpg

09-10-09TatFrank002.jpg

09-10-09TatFrank003.jpg

Nice review. I like the idea of following a stick through the years and tracking it's progression. Looks very tasty!

Following a theme this week? I like it, Greg! I only had one Frank and I enjoyed it, but I wasn't wowed. I'll have to make sure I get a few more of the Drac and Boris so I can test them out.

Great review Greg! Jon gifted me one of these recently, I am really having a hard time resisting smoking it until I have an ample amount of time to really enjoy it. Thanks for making it that much harder. :laugh:

Great review Greg. I smoked my first Frank this past weekend for one of my birthday smokes, I enjoyed it right on down to the nub. This was my first Churhill, and loved the fact I had plenty of time to enjoy it.

Great review. I have not had the opportunity to get a hold of a Frank yet, but your reviews just fueled my desire even more. Thanks.

Great review Greg! Jon gifted me one of these recently, I am really having a hard time resisting smoking it until I have an ample amount of time to really enjoy it. Thanks for making it that much harder. :laugh:

You lucky bastard! :D Great review Kingantz once again. Charles has told me about your lovely Swiss Army Knife set up with the three punches. I can not wait until the 13th when the Drac's will be releaved as far as which retailers are going to get boxes. Might be time to cash in the coin jar and buy a box of Drac's, well hopefully.

I'd love to track down a Frank. I have faith that one day i'll get my hands on one.

You lucky bastard! :D Great review Kingantz once again. Charles has told me about your lovely Swiss Army Knife set up with the three punches. I can not wait until the 13th when the Drac's will be releaved as far as which retailers are going to get boxes. Might be time to cash in the coin jar and buy a box of Drac's, well hopefully.

I'd love to track down a Frank. I have faith that one day i'll get my hands on one.

Might not have a lovely camera , but I do know the frank taste much much MUCH better smoked backwards.

Kumar

This reminds me I still have one in my vinotemp.... Thanks for the review!