• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje La Riqueza No. 3

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Slept in a little this morning getting up around 7:30 a.m., sunlight already coming through the blinds in the kitchen. I could see the wind was blowing pretty good outside, however it’s usually really nice on the one side of the house facing sunrise, so fixed a cup of coffee and headed out with a La Riqueza No. 3 I received in a PIF from none other than that punklawyer (Stu). Holding the cigar in the sunlight, I could see where the some of the oil in the wrapper had crystallized with tiny spots glistening throughout. The cigar has a slight box press to it with a medium brown wrapper and very little veins. I punch the cap and find a perfect resistance in the draw with taste of straightforward tobacco, maybe a slight hint of cocoa in there.

I have the foot lit in no time and after a couple quick puffs, take a long draw to get a fairly strong black pepper spice on the tongue and throat. The smoke itself is a good medium to almost full strength with a smooth, almost creamy body over the palate. Flavors are rich from the start with a taste of ripe red berry fruit, dark earth, deep roasted nut, and a hint of vanilla. Simply delicious.

Through the first third, the burn leans a little, however corrects itself well enough with a medium, dull gray ash forming that holds strong until tapped off. The smoke is rich and delicious, flowing well through the perfect draw having a good medium to almost full strength and body. The spice continues to be a medium strength as well, hitting the palate perfectly with a lasting finish.

Halfway through and into the final third, the cigar performs perfectly with even burn, perfect draw, and rich medium strength smoke that leaves a lasting finish on the palate long after exhaling. I absolutely love the La Riqueza line, the No. 5 being one of my go to smokes for a good while now. It’s incredibly difficult for me to keep these stocked with as much as I smoke them.

02-26-10TatLaRiquezaNo3001.jpg

02-26-10TatLaRiquezaNo3002.jpg

Awe man, you really did smoke some great stuff today! :laugh:

The La Riqueza's are in my opinion, some of the best cigars in the Tatuaje line. I think for the smaller smokes, this and the Cabaiguan Guapos Maduros are absolutely delicious.

Wanna split a 50 cab next time Jim over at Tobacco Village does ordering? :whistling:

The La Riqueza's are in my opinion, some of the best cigars in the Tatuaje line. I think for the smaller smokes, this and the Cabaiguan Guapos Maduros are absolutely delicious.

Wanna split a 50 cab next time Jim over at Tobacco Village does ordering? :whistling:

That would be a definite YES! :D

That would be a definite YES! :D

Ha! I'm going to hold you to that! :laugh:

I am with you guys on this one. La Riqueza is a great go to cigar for me. I am happy that you enjoyed this one, Greg!

Excellent review as always Greg, thanks for that. This is the exact stick that got me to really appreciate cigars. It is, as of yet, the only one of the line I have tried (even bought a box) but I am thinking of seeking out some other sizes soon.