• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje La Riqueza Petit Robusto Cabinet

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s been some cold weather for a while now, at least for SC standards, dipping down in the teens to lower twenties as of late. This morning is a beautiful day with bright sun and clear blue sky, the temperature gauge reading right at 35F. With a brisk wind blowing, it is downright cold out, however I bundle up and head out to put fire to a La Riqueza Petit Robusto.

I have to admit, I’ve been quite the Tat whore for a little while now with the La Riqueza being one of my favorite smokes, the Noellas coming in right behind it. This petit robusto has a medium brown wrapper with tiny crystals glistening in the morning sunlight, one prominent vein running the length. It has a slight give to it when squeezed, a good weight in the hand, and with the cap punched I find a perfect resistance with a sweet tobacco taste coming through in the cold draw.

After putting fire to the foot, I take a few quick puffs and volumes of bluish white smoke pours from the forming embers. In my first draw I get a decent amount of peppery spice, however not overpowering at all, with the smoke itself a medium strength and somewhat thick on the palate. Flavors are rich and delicious right from the start with tastes of sweet cocoa and toasted nuts with a hint of worn leather (or assless chaps as Brandon would say :D ).

A third in and the burn is razor sharp with a medium gray, compact ash forming that holds strong until tapped off, leaving a slight cone., the filler ash is a much darker color than the binder wrapper. Deliciously rich, medium strength smoke is flowing just right through the perfect draw, the spice becoming quite mellow the further in I get. Flavors continue to be that of sweet cocoa, roasted nuts, and a more pronounced worn leather taste with a smooth, almost creamy finish that is long on the palate.

Halfway and into the final third, the medium strength smoke seems even smoother with more of a mild spice hitting the back of the tongue and throat. The burn continues to be razor sharp with a perfect draw allowing just the right amount of rich smoke to flow through, the finish lasting and delicious. This was an incredibly good cigar for me, a perfect fit for my palate.

01-10-2010LaRiquezaPetRob001.jpg

01-10-2010LaRiquezaPetRob002.jpg

01-10-2010LaRiquezaPetRob004.jpg

01-10-2010LaRiquezaPetRob003.jpg

Gotta love those La Riquezas! I'm still looking to pick up a box of these sometime. Great review and pictures as always Greg!

Very nice review Greg! Do you have any other recommendations of shorter sticks such as this one. That are easy to find. The DP firecracker also caught my fancy but those look like they are taken up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking into shorter sticks for my wife. (No wise cracks guys :laugh: ). Longer smokes tend to overwhelm her.

Thanks

Drew

Very nice review Greg! Do you have any other recommendations of shorter sticks such as this one. That are easy to find. The DP firecracker also caught my fancy but those look like they are taken up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking into shorter sticks for my wife. (No wise cracks guys :laugh: ). Longer smokes tend to overwhelm her.

Thanks

Drew

I'd try the La Riqueza in the smaller formats such as this one. You might also want to look at the Cabaiguan Guapos Juniors, Arturo Fuente Short Stories, and Padron Londres. For the wife, if she likes full flavored smokes with some strength, but just doesn't do well with a longer smoke those should work fine. My girlfriend loves all of those, though she does like powerhouse cigars such as LFD DL's too. She's a strange one. :laugh: