• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje La Verite

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s been a great day so far with a nice Bolivar Simones with coffee this morning, then had a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast (courtesy of the wife). Received a call that there was a cancellation at the school we were trying to get Jess in, so she is now officially a student! Yes, my wife cried, and it was only a half-hour screening. Back home, and the wife and baby girl have now gone to get a few things (birthday cake, Jess told me :laugh: ), so I am now sitting under the walnut tree with a bottle of evian and getting ready to put fire to one of the two Tatuaje Verite received from my good friend Jimmy (Jimmyhaze), thank you VERY much brother! This is a beautifully constructed Churchill with medium brown, smooth wrapper with one prominent vein and slight oil. About two inches of the wrapper from the foot up looks almost like a completely different leaf, however from what I can see it is all the same. It has a perfect weight in the hand, is firm when squeezed, and after punching the cap I find the draw with just the right amount of resistance.

I have the foot lit in no time, the cool breeze blowing actually helps with getting it nice and even, and then take a few quick puffs to get the smoke flowing. After letting it rest a bit, I take a couple more quick puffs and then my first long draw. There’s a medium amount of white pepper spice that hits the back of the tongue and throat, the smoke itself a good medium strength, and the body rather light on the palate. As I exhale slowly, the flavor I get is sweet, creamy vanilla and a bit of fresh baked bread with the finish seemingly clean and incredibly lasting.

A third in and the burn is razor sharp with a white, very compact ash forming that holds strong until tapped off at about an inch and a half. The smoke, flowing well through the perfect draw, continues to be medium in strength, however the spice has mellowed nicely, very smooth on the palate. Flavors are consistent so far, sweet vanilla most prominent to me, and a long finish that is damn good.

Halfway in and the cigar is performing perfectly, the burn still razor sharp and the draw just right with medium to almost full strength smoke coming through effortlessly. I do find it unusual that the ash forming is now slightly darker, not the bright white as in the first inch and a half or so. The flavor seems to be changing a bit at this point; sweetness still there, however the vanilla subsiding with more straightforward tobacco taste coming through. The finish is still lasting and delicious after exhaling slowly with a slight tingling sensation in the nose.

Through the final half, the burn remained razor sharp with a medium gray ash forming that actually becomes loose and falls on its own at one point. The strength continued to be medium to almost full with the spice picking back up between mild to medium white pepper. Flavors have really changed from the sweet, rich vanilla at the beginning, which I can still detect slightly, however now it’s more of a earthy, ripe berry fruit taste much like that of a good La Riqueza, the finish is still very lasting and quite good.

The wife and baby girl just arrived back home, and Jess has now joined me taking a seat on the swing and yelling, “Daddy, watch me!” Towards the very end of the La Verite, flavors definitely became more of a straightforward tobacco taste, which is very good, however doesn’t have the richness as it did in the beginning. Overall, this was an excellent cigar with razor sharp burn, perfect draw, rich, delicious flavors and lasting finish. Again, many thanks Jimmy for the opportunity to try one, and for the other to let rest a long while for a comparison review.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

08-10-10TatuajeLaVerite003.jpg

08-10-10TatuajeLaVerite001.jpg

08-10-10TatuajeLaVerite002.jpg

Was hoping you would review this. Have 10 of each size "resting" for no real reason other than I kept thinking the Verite is a "special occasion" cigar due to the price. But what the heck I'm gainfully employed with access to clean water - reason enough to light them up (so now I will tonight).

Looks can be deceiving, but they appear to be superior roll compared to the classic brown label (don't get me wrong, which are awesome).

Thanks for the great insight.

John

Hey Greg, thanks for the review brother. I am glad you enjoyed it. Happy birthday man. :)

Many thanks for the time and the review on that one Greg! I really am thinking I have to grab a few, but still alittle offish only because of the $20 price tag...but either way, great looking cigar and nice review.