• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Miami FF

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
A buddy messaged me last week with a link to these and we decided to split a bundle. It was thought at first these were Drac seconds, however come to find out they were the Cojonu 2009. I also recently learned this particular vendor was banned from CP and if I had known at the time, would have passed on doing business with them. But, I will say the box arrived quickly and was packaged well. Upon opening the foil/wax paper wrapped bundle, a good aroma of fresh, strong tobacco was present. I boxed up and shipped out my buddy’s half, took one out for smoking, and sealed up the rest, putting them far back in one of the humis to rest for a long while.

I let the single sit for a few days, and although it probably needed to rest a while longer, decided to go ahead and put fire to it (actually smoked yesterday afternoon). Just eyeing the cigar, it looked the same shape and size as a regular Cojonu 2009; dark wrapper, not much by way of oil, smooth with a single, small vein. There were however, a couple of spots where it looked like some repair was done as a good amount of pectin was noticeable. Other than this, the cigar looked to have excellent construction with a decent weight in the hand and very firm when squeezed, no soft spots to be found. I clipped a small amount off the head and found the draw somewhat tight, so clipped off a bit more to get a perfect resistance with a very good, sweet cocoa taste.

The cigar lit quite easily, a nice even burn going in no time. I take a puff or two, doing this until a small amount of ash has formed, then take a long draw. There’s a strong white peppery spice at first, somewhat overpowering, however this mellows after a few more draws. The smoke itself is medium in strength and smooth with typical Tatuaje flavors of vanilla, sweet cocoa, and dark earth.

A third in and the burn goes to one side right where it looked like the repair job was done, so I did a quick touch-up to get it back even. The ash is a dullish gray and compact, holding strong even though it’s a bit crooked, and after tapping off the ash, a good sized cone is left mainly due to the touch-up. At this point, the spice is barely noticeable and the smoke is now seemingly mild to almost medium, very cool and smooth over the palate. Flavors are very rich with a nice, lasting finish on the palate.

This is a long cigar and burning very slow, which is good and bad, good because it’s a fantastic smoke, bad because it’s cold, cloudy, and very windy out. After the first ashing, the burn became sharp with a very compact, dull gray ash forming. It seems the smoke transitions a bit at halfway going from the mild to almost medium to a full medium strength and the spice picking back up slightly, perfect on the back of the throat. I’m thoroughly enjoying the rich flavors coming through with that wonderful twang that I really enjoy in a cigar. The maduro wrapper is giving a delicious sweetness to it, dark cocoa and roasted nuts with an incredibly lasting finish.

Towards the end, the cigar is consistent as far as burn, draw, strength, and body, however this is definitely the sweet spot in flavors as there’s an absolutely incredibly richness on the palate. I exhale slowly through both mouth and nose to savor the creamy, full-bodied smoke with the finish left on the palate lasting. Fantastic smoke!

12-05-09TatMiamiFF001.jpg

12-05-09TatMiamiFF002.jpg

12-05-09TatMiamiFF003.jpg

Nice review sir. I wanted to pick up a couple of these when I saw them come out...but after giving much thought and realizing the tubos were coming out next week, I passed. Glad you enjoyed it though. I think they are all sold out now too.

Hah I thought they were Drac 2nds as well given the length. I passed on them but I figured they would be there for a while...guess not.