• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Regios Reserva

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After smoking the Noella Reserva, I’ve just got to give this Regios Reserva a try. The Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper is very dark with plenty of oils, slight veins throughout. It feels very firm when squeezed, a little light in the hand, and with the cap punched I find the draw to be a tad bit on the loose side.

With fire to the foot, I take a couple puffs and get the smoke flowing well, then take a slow, long draw. A powerful black pepper spice hits my throat and burns slightly, the smoke itself is a good medium to full body with notes of sweet chocolate, vanilla, roasted nuts, and wood.

A third in and the spice is still there, but not as pronounced as before. The medium to full-bodied smoke is quite rich and very creamy over the palate. Flavors are very good with tastes of cocoa, vanilla, wood, and roasted nuts. I’m finding the draw wanting to tighten up on me, so I punch it out a little more and it opens up perfectly with just the right amount of smoke flowing.

The ash is sharp with a strong light gray ash forming. A little over halfway, the burn starts getting a little crazy, requiring a small amount of touching up. The smoke remains a medium to full body with flavors consistent, but turning to a really dark earth right at the end. The finish is very rich and lasting on the palate.

I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar, however I don’t think it was AS rich as the Noella Reserva I had a couple of days ago. Nonetheless, deliciously smooth and rich cigars both. Ed, thank you again for sending these fine sticks for me to try. Excellent!

06-16-09TatRegiosReserva001.jpg

06-16-09TatRegiosReserva002.jpg

06-16-09TatRegiosReserva003.jpg

Excellent review Greg! I found the flavors you mentioned consistent with what I found but had only minimal spice detected in mine, even in the beginning. Awesome pictures as usual bro. :thumbs:

Great review. These are by far one of my favorite smokes. But I need to find a new daily/go to smoke...I can not keep treating these as that or they will be gone!

Great review, this is easily the best new tat I have had in years.

Greg,
Love that you enjoyed it. One correction. The cigar is 5.5 x 50 :) It is a wonderful smoke.

Greg, I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. I went through about 8 of these and, while good, I personally prefer the Noella version. Nevertheless, both are great smokes!!

I will also agree that these are not as good as the Noella Reserva. I also think the SW Maduro is better.

+1 on the Noellas Reserva, I need another box. If Im correct, these are a limited release right? If thats the case I definately need another box.