• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Reserva SW Maduro

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Oh man I’ve been looking forward to this cigar for the past few days. I really wanted to let it rest longer, but oh well! :D This SW has a very dark maduro wrapper that’s really not all that oily when holding in the sun, although I do see some oil there. The cigar actually looks like a well aged cigar to my eyes. It has one prominent vein running down the back side opposite the front of the band (very well rolled) and has a hefty weight to it. There’s some slight sponginess to it when squeezed, but I don’t feel that the cigar is damp at all.

I use the large ring on my punch to open the cap and reveal a nice medium brown tobacco inside. The draw is perfect, and I can almost taste the spice in the cold draw. With the foot torched and toasty, I take a couple few puffs and then my first draw. Loads of black pepper spice hits the back of the throat, really quite overpowering to be honest. This powerful spiciness lasts pretty much the first inch or so and then finally starts to ease back, revealing a very sweet and rich smoke. Cocoa on the forefront with leather and dark earth underneath come through in the smoothing out medium bodied smoke. Now this is more like it.

The burn is razor sharp with an almost white ash forming that holds strong until knocked off at about every inch. I can definitely taste the sweetness coming through from the maduro wrapper, and it’s very good. Spice continues to come through with very rich flavors and a nice finish is left on the palate after exhaling.

Okay, so the spice seems to have returned at the halfway point. Wow is this thing strong! Although the spice is kicking it, I’m still getting very rich, delicious flavor from the medium to full bodied smoke. Actually, the flavors seem to be increasing along with the spice, which is awesome! The burn continues to be razor sharp with a whitish gray ash forming.

Pass the halfway point, the spice has once again subsided to an almost perfect amount. This cigar has now hit its absolutely fantastic sweet spot here. The medium bodied smoke is oh so smooth and creamy with the sweet maduro flavor really shining through. Rich tobacco flavor is just incredible, I’d say almost a thick caramel taste that is mesmerizing my palate. The smoke feels what I would describe as deep when drawing in, not completely sure if you can understand what I mean. I’m finding it hard to put the cigar down now.

The final third was definitely the ticket. Simply fantastic is about all I can say. I’m not so sure about the first half or so of this cigar as the spice seemed to overpower the smoke. I like spice, but eh…not that much. If the first half smoked like the last half, just wow.

Ed, thanks so much for gifting this cigar to me. Many thanks!

04-15-09TatResSWMad001.jpg

04-15-09TatResSWMad002.jpg

04-15-09TatResSWMad003.jpg

04-15-09TatResSWMad004.jpg

Very nice, Greg. Smoked one of these Tuesday and I agree that the back half is sensational. Don't get me wrong, the first is great, but this stick really comes into it's on about half-way through.

Great review!!! I've got a 5'er in my storage humi, another 5'er on the way and 1 just waitin' to be smoke in my regular humi.!!!!

Great review. I really want to try these. Does anyone out there have any that they may want to trade with.

Nice review Greg! Thanks

Greg,
As always a great review.

I wanted to know what punch tool are you using? I always love your picks and the fact that you have varying punches.

John

Glad you liked the cigar. I look forward to the other reviews. Your review makes me want to order more of them

E

Damn you Greg! Seeing this review makes me wish that the finances would have been in place to allow me to purchase them when the opportunity knocked.

I loved this cigar as well. I echo your review. I was surprised on how full bodied it was.

Outstanding stick.

Mine are on the way man I cant wait to get em' now!!!!Thanks for another great review.

Tony

Had one of these the other nightI just could not wait another day with them in my Humidor and not have had a single one. Simply a great cigar. Wish i would have bought a box instead of a 5er.

Very nice review. I haven't smoked one yet, but several of my friends who already started smoking theirs all said the last third was just incredible. It's not that they didn't care for the first half or 2/3, but they clearly thought it finished better than it started. I found in interesting that you specifically commented on the last third as well. I may have to fire one up tonight to see what this last third is all about :laugh: