• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje T110

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s turned out to be a beautiful day with temps upward mid 80’s. My wife put me to work cleaning up around the yard and such, getting some things winterized while it was nice out. Finished all that up and decided I’d make a couple pies with some apples I got from someone at work. Jessica joined me in the kitchen peeling and mixing, was a good time. About half an hour later the kitchen was smelling of spiced apples, mmm…mmm!

After a delicious lunch of PB&J sammiches, we all decided to head out front and enjoy the day. I rummaged through the humis to find something good to smoke, and decided on a Tatuaje T110. I’ve read several reviews on this cigar and all have been very good, so was looking forward to finally firing one up. The smooth Nicaraguan ligero leaf wrapper is a dark brown with unbelievable oils glistening. There’s a noticeable roughness in it with small, thin veins running throughout. I squeeze the cigar and find it very firm with the weight rather light in the hand, however the bunching in the foot shows it’s definitely not under filled. Holding the foot under my nose, I take a couple sniffs and get a wonderful smell of sweet tobacco with a bit of what seems like cocoa. I punch the cap with the smallest ring on my knife just to check the draw and find it to be only slightly loose, go ahead and use the large punch on the cap, and start putting fire to the foot.

Wow. My first few draws are definitely powerful with strong black pepper spice on the lips, tongue, and throat. No doubt about it, this cigar is definitely a full strength smoke, although it seems quite light on the palate. After about a quarter inch in, the powerful spice subsides and really good flavors of cocoa, worn leather, and dark earth come through with a nice toasty finish that is lasting.

The burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that is very compact, holding strong until tapped off. Full strength smoke is flowing well through the effortless draw with a nice, medium peppery spice on the back of the throat. I think the most pronounced flavor I’m getting is a strong, dark earth with a bit of worn leather. The finish is very good upon initial exhale, however quite short on the palate.

The final third of the cigar was pretty much as previously described. There seemed to be a bit more cocoa in the flavor and the finish lasting more and more towards the end. This was a very good cigar that I believe will be excellent after a couple few years (or more) downtime to hopefully settle the power and let the tobaccos blend together. Hope everyone’s having a fantastic weekend!

DSC01728.jpg

10-04-09TatuajeT110001.jpg

10-04-09TatuajeT110002.jpg

10-04-09TatuajeT110003.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

One of my favorite cigars. Thanks for the usual great review.

John

Ok................

Box split on Gregs pies!!!!!!!

or would that be "pie split"?
laugh.gif

Great review, but it left me a little bitter. It's supposed to snow up here in Montana tonight. Must suck doing yardwork in 80 degree weather smoking a T110:angry:.

Very descriptive review Greg. The ones that I've smoked have spun my head once I reached the band and beyond :laugh:

At first I thought those fruit on the ground resembled fallen green mangos, but I know they don't grow there. What are they and they must hurt if one konks you on the head while sitting there?

Very descriptive review Greg. The ones that I've smoked have spun my head once I reached the band and beyond
laugh.gif

At first I thought those fruit on the ground resembled fallen green mangos, but I know they don't grow there. What are they and they must hurt if one konks you on the head while sitting there?

They look like smooth skin avocados perhaps...

Great review Greg! I have only one of these, and I think I am going to have to resist temptation and just let it sit.

Ok................

laugh.gif

Ooohh it was soooo good...with some vanilla icecream?

Great review, but it left me a little bitter. It's supposed to snow up here in Montana tonight. Must suck doing yardwork in 80 degree weather smoking a T110:angry:.

:laugh: Now that 'bout made me spew coffee!

Very descriptive review Greg. The ones that I've smoked have spun my head once I reached the band and beyond
laugh.gif

Great review Greg! I have only one of these, and I think I am going to have to resist temptation and just let it sit.

Y'all must never been to the South. :laugh: Those are walnuts, a little smaller than a baseball. Rock hard and very heavy, would definitely hurt to get hit by one.

When can we find those pies on Buy/Sell/Trade & Group Purchases?

Ok................

laugh.gif

Ooohh it was soooo good...with some vanilla icecream?

:laugh: Now that 'bout made me spew coffee!

laugh.gif

Y'all must never been to the South. :laugh: Those are walnuts, a little smaller than a baseball. Rock hard and very heavy, would definitely hurt to get hit by one.

Jeebus! Those are some big ass walnuts! I've seen walnuts before, but those things look like avocados they are so big! :laugh: When they start getting edible, lemme know, I'll pay for shipping! :D

Oh, and no, never been to the south. I'll come harass you sometime though!

Hey,count me in too Charles. With just walnuts bein' that big, I gotta see the rest of the produce that grows there.

I think Greg grinds up his cigar nubs and fertilizes the walnut tree? bush? vine?......whatever, you know what I'm talking about.

I bought four of these and enjoyed them all! However, to me a little pricey @ $10 a stick. It would have been super-good at $7 or so. Nice walnuts!!!!

What is the proper thing to tell a man that says you have nice walnuts?

The pictures! I am envious. Thanks for all the great shots of this cigar. I've had this cigar before and wasn't over-the-top about it, but I think that is because I prefer more european style smokes... milder smokes to just come out and say it.

Thanks for the great review.

Great review as usual Greg.

I had my first one of these a few nights back and found it one of the best Tat's I've had.

Have one left. Will save it a while longer to see how a little age treats it. :thumbs:

Me and a buddy lit up a couple of these last night. Without a doubt one of my absolute favorites. I love a cigar that has the strength to smack you upside the head right out of the gate and stays in your face for the remainder. There's just not another cigar out there like the T110...or at least not that I'm aware of yet. :thumbs:

I had one today. What a great cigar! I have always heard of cigars making people get the feeling like they are going to throw up and I have never had that feeling until now. Slowed down a bit and the cigar was awesome!

It was the perfect cigar for a cold snowy day after the redskins beat up the broncos!

I will be looking to pick some more of these up the next chance I see them on here.