• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Verocu #9

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I really like the way the bands look on these cigars, red on silver. The cigar itself is menacing looking with a very dark maduro shade wrapper that’s smooth with noticeable oils. After punching the triple cap, I find the draw slightly on the tight side, but still plenty of air flow and a strong cocoa taste coming through.

With the foot torched, first draw is a blast of power with a ton of black pepper spice. Whew this is a little powerhouse of a smoke! Typical Tatuaje vanilla bean comes through in the flavor with cocoa and earth.

After about a quarter inch, the power and spiciness subside slightly, and I’m able to really start enjoying the vanilla and cocoa flavors coming through in the medium to full bodied smoke. The burn is sharp with a strong, medium gray ash forming and the draw seems to want to tighten up more as I get further into the smoke. I use the largest ring on my knife to punch the cap more, and this helps open the draw well.

Although I mentioned the power and spiced subsided slightly, I really meant only slightly as the smoke still has one hell of a kick to it. The last half of the cigar did mellow out even more and the smoke started to get that nice, rich taste I find in most Tatuaje cigars: Creamy vanilla, toasted nuts, and a hint of cocoa. I did find a tiny bit of tar built up at the end. This is definitely not a smoke for the faint of heart IMHO.

04-06-09TatVerocu9001.jpg

04-06-09TatVerocu9002.jpg

04-06-09TatVerocu9003.jpg

Yep... I reviewed this thing a couple weeks back and noticed the same KICK you did. Although, I didn't notice all the subtle nuances that you did.. It definitely isn't for the weak stomached. If i sent you one of these, consider this a warning...

This is definitely not a smoke for the faint of heart IMHO.

Well, see, now I just HAVE to try 'em! :laugh:

Great review as always . . . how do you feel this one compares to the East/West Coast ones?

I loved those and have been looking for a suitable replacement ever since! :love:

~Boar

This is definitely not a smoke for the faint of heart IMHO.

Well, see, now I just HAVE to try 'em! :laugh:

Great review as always . . . how do you feel this one compares to the East/West Coast ones?

I loved those and have been looking for a suitable replacement ever since! :love:

~Boar

Similar profile, however as Lurch and others have said, this one is on steroids!

I really need to try one of these. Every since I saw them in Holts magazine.

Based on the recommendation here, my box arrived today, and all I have to say is . . .

Thank you, gentlemen. Thank you one and all.

What a potent little stogie this is! Absolutely wonderful.

~Boar