• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Verocu No. 1 (West Coast)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s turned out to be a picture perfect day, quite cool under the shade of the walnut tree, especially with the soft breeze blowing. I’m thoroughly relaxed as I slowly sway back and forth in the swing, Jessica playing quietly in her and box.

Looking at the Tatuaje VN1, I’m thinking the wrapper looks a shade darker than the Tatuaje VN2. It’s perfectly smooth with the exception of small veins and has a nice oily sheen when held in the sunlight. The weight in the hand feels perfect, and after punching the cap I find the draw perfect as well with a good earthy taste.

With the foot lit and burning well, I take a couple quick puffs and can already taste a delicious richness in the smoke. My first draw brings a generous amount of medium strength smoke as well as a perfect amount of peppery spice. The flavors coming through are simply incredible and remind me a great deal of a Noella Reserva. A very rich, dark earthiness is the most prominent, however I also taste what I can best describe as sweet cake batter. The finish is like no other I’ve ever tasted, sheer heaven it is.

A third of the way in and the burn is even with a rough looking ash forming that is a medium gray in color. The smoke, flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw, is still medium in strength and has a spice that is hitting the back of the tongue and throat just right. Flavors continue to be amazing, like a Noella Reserva on steroids. Tastes of dark earth and baked sweet bread come to mind with a lasting finish that makes me smack my lips and yearn for more.

This cigar was as amazing through the final half as it was through the first with sharp burn, perfect draw, and some of the richest smoke to ever cross my palate. I would have a difficult time saying which was the best between the East or West, however if I had to make a choice, it would be the West.

Now, my question is, who out there can sell me a fiver??? :whistling:

05-30-10TatWest001.jpg

05-30-10TatWest002.jpg

05-30-10TatWest003.jpg

DSC09100.jpg

Another great review my friend! I've had a couple of the East Coast version, but never the West Side. I might have to try and track down one of these now!

Dang Greg, for a 4 year old, your daughter has some mad sidewalk chalk skills!!!

Nice review! I'm waiting for a bit to fire up my East, hopefully will find a West to pair it with..

Great review Greg, right on as always. I've only had one of these, but it was easily one of the best cigars I've ever had, amazingly rich and sweet. One of a handful of cigars I've smoked to the nub and then some. :laugh:

Well done, Greg. I felt the West Coast was better too.

Thanks for another great review.

I have had a few of these and I LOVE them.