• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Texas Sweets : A moderately sweet review.

Arkvile

So I was recently given a Texas Sweets cigar by a friend. I really had no knowledge of it other than the name, and so I posted another thread asking about the hole I found in the head. Seeing as how I'm still relatively new to cigars, I was not sure if I was to cut the head, or smoke from the hole.

I was soon informed it was most likely a pre-fabricated hole, and there was concern shown that the pre-fab'd cigars we're usually not up to par.

So I decided I would smoke it, and in turn post a review to let everyone know, seeing as how no one seemed to have heard of it before.

Before hand though I did a little online research and it turns out it came from a locally owned cigar company, Finck's. Seemed to be a house brand or something.

"We use a terrific blend of Nicaraguan and Honduran medium cut filler, Connecticut binder and Indonesian wrapper to give them a smooth, satisfying taste." -Finck Cigar Company

So as I sat out on my porch late one warm South Texas night, I lit it up, and gave it a few initial puffs.

Not bad.

The draw was a bit too tight for my taste, but it wasn't unpleasant to smoke. From the beginning of the smoke 'til about halfway through it had a very sweet mild taste, and as it got closer to the middle and end the sweet seemed to mellow out and I was left with a very pleasant mild tasting cigar.

So this is a rather short review comparitively speaking, but it's a first. I wouldn't mind smoking another one of these, definately not the best I have had so far, but not the worst (made the mistake of starting my cigar journey with a Phillies :blush: ).

Any thoughts on how I might make a better review?

You're off to a good start. I'd recommend two things. First, read through some of Kingantz reviews. He does the best reviews I've read and you can get a feel for how the review process goes. Second, try some better cigars. You'll find that the better the cigar, the more flavors are present. By the way, some people will write "I'd recommend this cigar" as their review so it isn't an exact science. To each their own, and their own style, nothing wrong with that. I think that the best thing you can do is try and share your experience with the reader.