• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Toastmasters international

I'm a member and have my Competent Communicator (CC) award so far. It's a great organization and very helpful with developing speaking skills and organizational skills. Regardless of your current ability you will improve. It would cool having a club comprised of BOTL's.

I've given it some thought. Just wish I had a little more time.

Nice! My wife has put serious consideration into it, and the thought has been intriguing. Can you say more about how it all works?

Nice! My wife has put serious consideration into it, and the thought has been intriguing. Can you say more about how it all works?
It's slightly different from club to club. Basically each meeting there is an agenda with roles/speakers.
A typical meeting for my club usually has the following:
Club president
Toastmaster (MC of meeting)
Humorist/inspirationalist
Prepared speaker 1
Prepared speaker 2
Prepared speaker 3 if scheduled
General Evaluator
Evaluator 1
Evaluator 2
Evaluator 3 if speaker 3 scheduled
Table topics master
Table topics speaker 1
Table topics speaker 2
If time allows additional table topics speakers allowed.
Timer report
Grammarian report
Awards for speakers
Announcements
Adjourn

There are YouTube videos on toastmasters meetings as to get an idea how it works.

Dues are due 2x a year.
This may be different per club.
Clubs typically allow guests to observe meetings and sometimes guests may be called upon to participate in the table topics (impromptu/improvised speaking) portion of the meeting.

Back to back to back to back recognition awards, best speaker, best table topics, best evaluation, and today best speaker delivering my final speech in the competent communication manual. Feels awesome!

C, That's awesome. If you get a chance compete in the International Speech Contest. I did it a few years back. I placed 1st in club contest, 1st in the area contest, and 2nd in the division contest. Had I won the division I would have gone to the district, with a chance of going to the International.

Definitely going to consider the next opportunity to participate as a contestant. I've been a club level contest judge many times already.

Congrats! I always thought the Leadership path was even more challenging than the Speaking side. My hats off to you.