• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2018

iKrlsFEl.jpg

Someone bought the vast majority of Cuban cigars from Brian’s collection before his wife sent me the rest. I came across this Partagas 8-9-8 and It’s knocking my socks off! I have no idea on what year, it’s one single cigar, but I know it’s pre 2008. I presume it was a gift to him from someone here on CigarPass.

This is only my second 8-9-8 ever. A recent production one from Larry, and now this. I hope the boxes I bought become like this one.
80C3652F-B3B9-4D56-9354-1A0155D56FE0.jpeg

To say life has been busy here in Derry NH is an understatement. Building the Shed, getting ready for baby #2 arriving in a couple of weeks and I decided now is a good time to leave my job for a new opportunity... Lol so smokes ha e been few and far between but I am currently sitting in the shed with this well aged great DPG that John was kind enough to send me. It was labeled from Infinity. Sadly I was never able to talk with this legend as I started here after he passed but where ever he is Cheers to you and John.

Thank you John. You made my week as it has been a damn hard decision to leave my job after the last 12 years.

IMG_20180520_122225.jpg IMG_20180520_122201.jpg IMG_20180520_122234.jpg IMG_20180520_122655.jpg

To say life has been busy here in Derry NH is an understatement. Building the Shed, getting ready for baby #2 arriving in a couple of weeks and I decided now is a good time to leave my job for a new opportunity... Lol so smokes ha e been few and far between but I am currently sitting in the shed with this well aged great DPG that John was kind enough to send me. It was labeled from Infinity. Sadly I was never able to talk with this legend as I started here after he passed but where ever he is Cheers to you and John.

Thank you John. You made my week as it has been a damn hard decision to leave my job after the last 12 years.

View attachment 20599 View attachment 20600 View attachment 20601 View attachment 20602
Awesome, Paul. Good luck with the new opportunity!

This morning I read the threads about the virtues of low priced cigars with interest, although I didn't feel like adding to the fray.

On an unrelated note, it's been raining for a week in Virginia as a stationary front has camped out overhead since Monday. When I peered out the window this morning about 9:30 and saw the clouds clearing to revel blue skies above, I grabbed my favorite morning smoke and headed out to the deck: a PLPC. It was so good, and the sunshine so nice, that I opted for round two with my other go to morning smoke: a HdM Epi 2.

E09DCC2E-81EA-4EFF-A8DF-7C385BF835F7.jpeg
66A7A58E-D233-42B4-BBBF-DA24D9A2BC37.jpeg

As I sat outside with the warm May air bringing a slight sweat to my forehead, I remembered the post I'd read this morning about the virtues of online cigar vendors and inexpensive cigars. I remembered when I first started this hobby that I was in that same position. Thankfully, due to all the info I've learned here in the past 8 years, I've graduated to a better quality of cigar. It dawned on me that my two favorite cigars are less than $6 and $9 respectively.

In my mind I compared these two great cigars to the $4-8 sticks I used to smoke, and realized that it's been quite a ride to get to this point. Thanks to the guys here who helped me learn!

Last edited: