• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2018

Someone bought the vast majority of Cuban cigars from Brian’s collection before his wife sent me the rest. I came across this Partagas 8-9-8 and It’s knocking my socks off! I have no idea on what year, it’s one single cigar, but I know it’s pre 2008. I presume it was a gift to him from someone here on CigarPass.

This is only my second 8-9-8 ever. A recent production one from Larry, and now this. I hope the boxes I bought become like this one.
View attachment 20596

Very nice John!!
Yes. $27 very pricey. They are pretty good, never had one so wanted to try it.
You are paying about $300 too much, at $27 a stick... Let me know the next time you want a box...

Last edited:
Very nice John!!

You are paying about $300 too much, at $27 a stick... Let me know the next time you want a box...

Just sent you a PM. I would love a box at a cheaper price.

I am also interested in the Byron line. Do u know much about it?

edit: can't spell

Last edited:
A little pricey?
Aren't they like $30 a stick?

I will say that I have been to tons of good restaurants and paid $25-35 for premium tequila or cognac. That lasted maybe 5 -10 minutes. That cigar last almost 2 1/2 hrs, and I enjoyed the hell out of it with a $1 coke. Interesing story behind the brand. If I could smoke them for $15 a cigar I would enjoy a few a week.

To say life has been busy here in Derry NH is an understatement. Building the Shed, getting ready for baby #2 arriving in a couple of weeks and I decided now is a good time to leave my job for a new opportunity... Lol so smokes ha e been few and far between but I am currently sitting in the shed with this well aged great DPG that John was kind enough to send me. It was labeled from Infinity. Sadly I was never able to talk with this legend as I started here after he passed but where ever he is Cheers to you and John.

Thank you John. You made my week as it has been a damn hard decision to leave my job after the last 12 years.

View attachment 20599 View attachment 20600 View attachment 20601 View attachment 20602
Congrats on the new job. It’s never the perfect time for that. (Either for you or the old company) and it sure can be scary. I’m sure you’ll do great.

Smoked what turned out to be a
Phenomenal Padron Millennium Maduro. The last two I smoked made me assume they were past their prime. This one was perfect! Plenty of dark
Cocao, coffee, earthy tobacco, and so many other things I am not good enough to pick out. Had a great time out on the lake watching my son fish today after a solid week of rain.

01ED1F86-233E-42C0-AC29-DBF21408EDED.jpeg

Went digging through the humidor this past weekend and stumbled upon a real treat! LE05 was fan-friggen-tastic, wish I had more...

Also enjoyed a nice maduro Short Story from a 2012 box, very smooth!
Those LE 05 were some incredible cigars! Glad to see you posting.

Thank you. Years of work on it. Plus all the rain we have had makes for deep roots. Unfortunately my SC lawn is centipede grass.

I have Kentucky blueglass on my backyard and tall fescue on my front yard (it's mostly shaded areas). I'm kind of obsessive about my lawn care.

On another note, finally got a hold to some Tatuaje Cazadores and as John pointed out, these are good. Thanks for the suggestion.
full

Later in the afternoon, a friend came over and we had a couple of more cigars. I had my first El Gueguense cigar and for some reason it tasted a little green, maybe I'll try another in a couple of months as my friend gifted me 2. If you enjoy drinking brandy, this Gran Duque de Alba is one of my favorites.
full

I have Kentucky blueglass on my backyard and tall fescue on my front yard (it's mostly shaded areas). I'm kind of obsessive about my lawn care.

On another note, finally got a hold to some Tatuaje Cazadores and as John pointed out, these are good. Thanks for the suggestion.
full

Guinness? Looks like a great combination.

Guinness? Looks like a great combination.

No, it was really hot and humid yesterday so I had a few Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. They had a water down taste that beers usually get when they have been previously frozen but they were really cold and refreshing. The 6 pack is gone now and I'll probably purchase another just to see if they'll taste the same and if so, that'll be my last 6 pack.

No, it was really hot and humid yesterday so I had a few Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. They had a water down taste that beers usually get when they have been previously frozen but they were really cold and refreshing. The 6 pack is gone now and I'll probably purchase another just to see if they'll taste the same and if so, that'll be my last 6 pack.
Could be in transport or in storage they were frozen because settings too high while transported or stored. The product does say it has to be kept cold.

Well I decode to treat myself to something special after a few chores this am a, My Father - Flor De Las Antillas - Box Pressed 6.5 X 58 R/G Gordo. This Cigar is like on my top 20 favorite sticks list, as there is nothing I can say negative about this Cigar. It flavor profile is on the strong side, with lots of typical My Father spiciness, and last a hit of sweetness.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Like I said IMHO if you like something on the strong side, with very complexed flavor profile, try a couple of these My Father's.:)

Last edited:

A lot of nitro beers are like that. Not sure if it's the style of beer they typically do nitro with, or if it's something about using the nitro that does it though. I would be surprised if it were ever frozen.

Like Justin said above, that's how every Milk Stout is to me. The only really well done Milk Stout that I've had, was a BA version and it was pretty damn good.