• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Torn

I'm at the knee doc right now for my follow up to what may be a torn meniscus.

Didn't know cigars could be so hazardous...

Ouch! I hope the surgery goes/went well (haven't been on here in a few days, sorry), and you are back up and running soon. My advice from much knee surgery experience, is to not dick around when it comes to your physical therapy and rehab. They'll probably start you on it the day after you get out of surgery, just to keep the joint bending. It will hurt and you'll wonder, "Already?!? You just cut me the fuck open, gutted my leg, then bolted a dead guy's ligament inside it! Now you want me to MOVE it?!?!?" But, do so. Keep the mobility in the joint, because you lose it quickly. More than anything, don't slack when it comes to the self-motivated physical therapy and rehab.

Best of luck! I've still got that Punch tubo, and I think I'll smoke it tonight as an offering to the gods praying it all goes well for you...

+1 for taking the therapy serious. Good luck and I hope you heal quickly.

Here's to you tonight!

Hope all is going well with the leg.

Attachments

• IMG_1979.JPG
    IMG_1979.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 6
Thanks to all for the well wishes and advice, no word yet from the Orthopod on the MRI so still on hold as far as surgery date.

Thank you for the thoughts, I received an update on Friday from the Orthopod. He reviewed the MRI and no surgery is required as of now. There is some torn cartilage but the current pain is not caused by a torn MCL as he thought after pushing around. The MRI showed edema on the inside part of the knee which is causing the pain. A regimen of ibuprofen and keeping weight off may have it cleared up within the next couple of weeks. Crutches and a cane and a lot of just hanging around and not walking on it are in the future.:D

I do hope you get better soon, but there's worse pain. Kidney stone, child birth, migraines and Cluster headaches come to mind. So quit your bitchin' and just get better.

Doc