• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Training Wheels Pass - FNG pt deux

Glad you're with us Andy and congrats on the little one on the way!

T: Carlos Torano Exodus 1959, P: K Hansotia Gold Label
T: Indian Tabac Super Fuerte, P: CAO Black Bengal
T: Padillia Miami 8&11, P: PAM Imperial
Hey Andy,
Welcome aboard! I'm glad you got things rockin on your laptop!!

Your P's and T's look good. :thumbs: One question though, the K. Hansotia Gold Label, is that the Park Avenue Serie 44, the X3 triple ligero, or the Gurhka Gold Ed, and what is the size? I'm guessing it is the X3 ... I'm having some trouble finding info on the Park Ave, but I think it will be OK either way. :D

And best of luck w/ the new baby!

OK guys here are a couple of my pics so you know who you're dealing with......be careful you might turn to stone :laugh:
me002.jpg

Another baldy!

stj002.jpg

This is how you train your kids in the south!!

Thanks for the welcome,

The K. H. Gold is just the gold label in Toro. I originally received both this and the CAO Black for a large sampler from GONZ. I'm attaching pics of the cigar in question and also a shot of all three puts. (Also not the craftsmanship of my new cigar box clock from Sam Clemmons!!!)

If you look on cigar cyclopedia it is listed under the gold label as a Toro. Hope that helps.

Cigar008.jpg

Cigar011.jpg

I'll also put up a pic of the wife and son in the wonderful Indiana snow!

Cigar007.jpg

I have those KH sticks. They are a LTD ED that came in toro and churchhill size. The toro is something like a 49x6.5 and came in a 12 pack for arround $60-70. The churchill is still available at Corona if you want a better description.

I actually smoked one a couple of days ago. They're not bad with a touch of age, and by now, they should all have a touch of age.

The wife said it had a big dent. . .

Cigarpass002.jpg

But thanks to a great packing job. . .

Cigarpass005.jpg

Everything made it safely!!

The only issue at all is a cracked foot on the CAO Brazil. it's about a 3/4" split. Everything else looked great!

Cigarpass006.jpg

Inventory is complete and everything is in there. I've done my puts and takes. However, I would like to go ahead and take one more if that is alright with everyone. I know there is already a signature in the pass, so this is why I'm asking. The only thing I really have else would be a Gothic CAO Black, RP 1990 Torp, or RP Sun grown. I've had the signature before so that is why it is my choice for replacement.

T: CAO Brazil, P: AF Hemingway Signature Natural

I've never had the Brazil and I'm afraid the split will just keep getting worse with travel. So Please let me know if this is alright.

I can have it ready to fly tomorrow so Tom, give me the word and I'll let'er fly!

As soon as I hear from Cory about the additional Put/Take, it will be on it's way tomorrow!

The wife said it had a big dent. . .
<snip>
The only issue at all is a cracked foot on the CAO Brazil. it's about a 3/4" split. Everything else looked great!

Just a little dent .. jeez. WTG USPS!! Hence the need for a solid tubidor inside the box. :thumbs:

Well, I'm just glad the crack in the Brazil is all that is an issue. Here are my thoughts:
A) If there is one of a cigar in the pass and you trade and put a duplicate in the pass, no big deal. If there becomes three or four, then there is an issue because it can hinder the remaining participants.
B) If the foot is cracked, I wouldn't expect anyone to trade for it. Normally I would just say take it out of the pass list, shoot me a picture of the foot and call it good. If you do want to trade for it, that is your call. If you do, I'll make it right.

Other than that, it all looks good! Thanks for helping out the pass. :cool:

(now just post a couple more pics!) :D

Alright the box will leave tomorrow! Please update the P&T's

T:#6 CAO Brazil, P: #33 A.F. Hemingway Signature Natural.

Cory I will send you a pic tomorrow. (batteries died in my camera!) Wonder why? :whistling:

Thanks again and I have to say, there are some mighty fine looking sticks in there. I had to make my puts and takes quick before I changed my mind!!! It is nice to see some of the sticks you hear reviewed in person. The Padilla will be put to fire when my daughter gets here!! :thumbs:

Heads up Tom!

DC#: 03061070000209773511

Lil sumthin' sumthin'.

midget.jpg

I am what they call an RPCV. A Returned Peace Corps Volunteer. I served for 3 years in Kenya between 1998 and 2001. Like many male PCVs, I didn't eat much and I smoked cigs like a fiend. Note the prop. This photo was taken in front of an Irish Pub in Nairobi. I don't think the place lasted longer than 6 mos. Unfortunate, as they carried the only 'real' Guinness to be found in the country. The midget was sort of like their host. If it seems bizarre, it was.

P1000258.jpg

This is my eldest son, Shea, 2 1/2 years old. His younger brother Quinn is expected to arrive the first week of August. Shea is a good kid. Smart and good-looking like his old man :D In this snap, Shea is using my stocking stuffer (Davidoff Anniversary) to impress the ladies. Unfortunately for him, the lady is my Godchild and also his cousin (which is frowned upon in our family). Shea and his brother are Irish/Mexican or Mick/Spicks as my father-in-law and I like to joke. It's ok, we're cool like that.

P1000587.jpg

Here's the fireball. My wife Natalie. God bless her. She makes more money than I do and balances all the budgets. Which is why I need to embezzle from time to time to pay for cigars. Can you guess who's Mexican and who's Irish.

Tosha. Enough.

ts

edit for typos and other sh.t. you know.

<snip> Can you guess who's Mexican and who's Irish.
Nice pictures! But I thought for sure you were the one wearing the bow tie. :laugh: Now come on the rest of you .. hop to it!

Heads up Tom!

Well, I blew up my computer last night. I have no idea if I will be able to recover anything at all. So I'll be monitoring this from work as time allows. I was going to post a pic of the prize for the contest, but I guess that will have to wait till I get things functioning again, but I'm sure someone will be very happy. :)

WTG Bahianut! First stop was a success. :thumbs:

Well, I blew up my computer last night. I have no idea if I will be able to recover anything at all. So I'll be monitoring this from work as time allows. I was going to post a pic of the prize for the contest, but I guess that will have to wait till I get things functioning again, but I'm sure someone will be very happy. :)

Why is it us computer "experts" always blow up our own computers? Good luck on the recovery.

Heh, my computer is on the verge of blowing up in my face too..I hope it lasts till the end of the semester though.

And on a sidenote....*drool*.....happy prize

All right... with the pass expected to hit within the next day or two, I'll get my P/T up for approval.

Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35
32. PAM Imperial

Puts:
34. La Aurora Preferido Cameroon Robusto
35. Fuente Don Carlos #3 from the "30 Year Celebration 1975-2005 Collection" seen here.
36. Macanudo Vintage 1997 III
37. Graycliff Professionale PGX

I think I have a couple other sticks around here that may find their way into the box, too. Let me know what you guys think. As soon as it gets here, I'll do the inventory and everything else that needs to be done.

All right... with the pass expected to hit within the next day or two, I'll get my P/T up for approval.

Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35
32. PAM Imperial

Puts:
35. Fuente Don Carlos #3 from the "30 Year Celebration 1975-2005 Collection" seen here.

So, I thought that I would take this opportunity to explain what I go through when I check P's and T's; it is the same thing I do when I am checking to see if what I am putting into a pass is comparable to what I plan on taking. This is not a personal attack; I am just trying to explain where I am coming from and hopefully add some useful information for current and future pass participants. :thumbs:

First, since this is a 1 for 1 pass, I really need to know which cigars you are trading for which cigars in the pass. I can conjecture that you are proposing P's/T's in the order listed, but it is best to be clear. And I tried to do a little juggling to see if they would all match up, but was unsuccessful.

I typically take several online sites and compare prices to come up with an average to gauge a cigar's value by. The sites I used are listed below in my example. I always look at the box price and divide by the number of cigars in the box if it is available. I also look at the cigar's rarity, which is more difficult to gauge, but should be considered. Here is what I came up with for your P's and T's:

Cigar Websites Used for Reference
a) PipesAndCigars.com
b) AtlanticCigar.com
c) CigarsInternational.com
d) RegencyCigars.com
e) Holts.com
f) CigarPass MSRP references

Proposed P's and T's
Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35
32. PAM Imperial

Puts:
35. Fuente Don Carlos #3 from the "30 Year Celebration
1975-2005 Collection" seen here.

Averages from Websites
3= a)X b)X c)X d)X e)$7.36+ f)$7.35+ : $7.35 rare
5= a)$7.50 b)$10.53 c)X d)$8 e)$8 f)$7.50 : $8.30
17= a)$13 b)$10 c)X d)$10 e)X f)$10 : $10.75
32= a)$17 b)$14 c)X d)$14 e)X f)$14 : $14.75

34= a)$8 b)$6 c)$12 d)X e)$7 f)X : $8.25
35= a)$7+ b)$6.12+ c)$6.96+ d)$7.76+ e)$7.76+ f)$7.75+ : $7.23 very rare
36= a)$7 b)X c)$6.25 d)X e)$6.85 f)X : $6.70
37= a)$14.40 b)$10.80 c)$13.40 d)X e)X f)X : $12.87

Then I look to see if they are close in price and rarity. If a cigar is rare, it is usually valued more than what is listed as the typical price. For instance, the Don Carlos #3 from the anniversary collection is valued more than what a regular Don Carlos #3.

So, you should be able to see where I think your P's and T's could use a little work. LMK what you think and how you would like to proceed, or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
- C

I like the math. I can say, I don't care to use MSRP. Nice example to follow.

thanks

<snip> Can you guess who's Mexican and who's Irish.
Nice pictures! But I thought for sure you were the one wearing the bow tie. :laugh: Now come on the rest of you .. hop to it!

Heads up Tom!

WTG Bahianut! First stop was a success. :thumbs:

Lemme guess! You're a STORAGE EXPERT and didn't have a backup. :rolleyes:

Lemme guess! You're a STORAGE EXPERT and didn't have a backup. :rolleyes:
No.. that happened once and I almost didn't live it down. Now I do the easy backup, I just have a RAID1 mirror of the important data. :thumbs: This meltdown happened from trying to upgrade from Windows 2000 Professional to Windows XP Professional. Apparently XP didn't like my ATI graphics card and gave me blue screens of death fits. I swapped out the graphics card and it is working just fine now. After SP2 I'll switch back to my old graphics card. :cool:

But it is pretty funny how many IT guys don't practice what they preach at work. LOL!