• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Training Wheels Pass - FNG pt deux

So, I thought that I would take this opportunity to explain what I go through when I check P's and T's; it is the same thing I do when I am checking to see if what I am putting into a pass is comparable to what I plan on taking. This is not a personal attack; I am just trying to explain where I am coming from and hopefully add some useful information for current and future pass participants. :thumbs:

First, since this is a 1 for 1 pass, I really need to know which cigars you are trading for which cigars in the pass. I can conjecture that you are proposing P's/T's in the order listed, but it is best to be clear. And I tried to do a little juggling to see if they would all match up, but was unsuccessful.

I typically take several online sites and compare prices to come up with an average to gauge a cigar's value by. The sites I used are listed below in my example. I always look at the box price and divide by the number of cigars in the box if it is available. I also look at the cigar's rarity, which is more difficult to gauge, but should be considered. Here is what I came up with for your P's and T's:

Cigar Websites Used for Reference
a) PipesAndCigars.com
b) AtlanticCigar.com
c) CigarsInternational.com
d) RegencyCigars.com
e) Holts.com
f) CigarPass MSRP references

Proposed P's and T's
Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35
32. PAM Imperial

Puts:
34. La Aurora Preferido Cameroon Robusto
35. Fuente Don Carlos #3 from the "30 Year Celebration
1975-2005 Collection" seen here.
36. Macanudo Vintage 1997 III
37. Graycliff Professionale PGX

Averages from Websites
3= a)X b)X c)X d)X e)$7.36+ f)$7.35+ : $7.35 rare
5= a)$7.50 b)$10.53 c)X d)$8 e)$8 f)$7.50 : $8.30
17= a)$13 b)$10 c)X d)$10 e)X f)$10 : $10.75
32= a)$17 b)$14 c)X d)$14 e)X f)$14 : $14.75

34= a)$8 b)$6 c)$12 d)X e)$7 f)X : $8.25
35= a)$7+ b)$6.12+ c)$6.96+ d)$7.76+ e)$7.76+ f)$7.75+ : $7.23 very rare
36= a)$7 b)X c)$6.25 d)X e)$6.85 f)X : $6.70
37= a)$14.40 b)$10.80 c)$13.40 d)X e)X f)X : $12.87

Then I look to see if they are close in price and rarity. If a cigar is rare, it is usually valued more than what is listed as the typical price. For instance, the Don Carlos #3 from the anniversary collection is valued more than what a regular Don Carlos #3.

So, you should be able to see where I think your P's and T's could use a little work. LMK what you think and how you would like to proceed, or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
- C

Thanks for the tutorial. I meat to put the P/T in order, but I reversed the first two for some reason. As far as the last two go, I paid significantly higher than the corresponding takes (those NY taxes are killer). So I thought, even accounting for online purchases, it should be close.

So, what about this (in order)

Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35

Puts:
34. Fuente Don Carlos #3 from the "30 Year Celebration 1975-2005 Collection" seen here.
35. La Aurora Preferido Cameroon Robusto
36. Graycliff Professionale PGX

The packaged arrived at my office, but I'm home sick. So I'll be heading up there after everyone is gone for the day to pick it up, do the inventory and everything, and, pending approval, I'll have it on its way tomorrow.

Thanks for the tutorial. I meat to put the P/T in order, but I reversed the first two for some reason. As far as the last two go, I paid significantly higher than the corresponding takes (those NY taxes are killer). So I thought, even accounting for online purchases, it should be close.

So, what about this (in order)

Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35

Puts:
34. Fuente Don Carlos #3 from the "30 Year Celebration 1975-2005 Collection" seen here.
Rock and Roll Daddio! That'll work. The problem w/ accounting for state tax is that it isn't consistent across all states. Here in Idaho tobacco tax is currently 40% plus the 6% sales tax. That just would overvalue my cigars and undervalue someone's cigars in say Pennsylvania. :)

Here in Idaho tobacco tax is currently 40% plus the 6% sales tax. That just would overvalue my cigars and undervalue someone's cigars in say Pennsylvania. :)

Damn...40% !!!!! It's only 2% here in NC (but then again, we grow a lot of tobacco here).

Here in Idaho tobacco tax is currently 40% plus the 6% sales tax. That just would overvalue my cigars and undervalue someone's cigars in say Pennsylvania. :)

Damn...40% !!!!! It's only 2% here in NC (but then again, we grow a lot of tobacco here).

All hail Jonesy, I am sending down some money, Just spend it and send me the sticks.....LOL

38% and going up + 6% just because they can.

All hail Jonesy, I am sending down some money, Just spend it and send me the sticks.....LOL

38% and going up + 6% just because they can.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Tell me what you want brother!!

OK, got the box, checked everything out... all is good. Cory, you can update post #1 when you get a chance...
One more time:

Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35

Puts:
37. Rocky Patel Honduran Blend Robusto
38. Rocky Patel Connecticut 1999 Toro
(those last two guys jumped in as I was taping the box)

The box is all ready to go, just waiting to hear back from CgarDan to make sure he's ready. As long as I hear from him before I go to class tomorrow, I'll have it on its way tomorrow.

Thanks again for letting me play, Cory. And sorry I made you pull your calculator out. :blush:

OK, got the box, checked everything out... all is good. Cory, you can update post #1 when you get a chance...
One more time:

Takes:
3. WOAM
5. VSG Tres Mystique
17. Padron 1926 - No. 35

Puts:
37. Rocky Patel Honduran Blend Robusto
38. Rocky Patel Connecticut 1999 Toro
(those last two guys jumped in as I was taping the box)

The box is all ready to go, just waiting to hear back from CgarDan to make sure he's ready. As long as I hear from him before I go to class tomorrow, I'll have it on its way tomorrow.

Thanks again for letting me play, Cory. And sorry I made you pull your calculator out. :blush:

Nice play Tom, throwing a couple of hitchers in there. :thumbs:

MN taxes are 80%.

WHAT!! That is insane.

I got the go ahead from Dan, the box will be on it's way today. Not going too far, with any luck he might get it on Monday.

DC# 0103 8555 7491 3902 6053

Two things I meant to post before, but forgot to:
1) The bag the cigars were in split up near the seam, so I replaced it with another bag.

2) For those of you who have not done it yet, I STRONGLY recommend going to USPS.com and registering there. By registering there, you can get delivered to you, for free, a lot of shipping supplies, like boxes and such. But, more importantly, you can print shipping labels through the site. Printing the labels through the site lets you do the DC for free. Now, 50 cents may not seem like a lot, but factor that over the course of every single package you send out from here - passes, trades, bombs, etc - and over time it starts to add up. And, you can save all the addresses to an address book, so you have them all in an easy to find place.

MN taxes are 80%.

WHAT!! That is insane.

I got the go ahead from Dan, the box will be on it's way today. Not going too far, with any luck he might get it on Monday.

Two things I meant to post before, but forgot to:
1) The bag the cigars were in split up near the seam, so I replaced it with another bag.

2) For those of you who have not done it yet, I STRONGLY recommend going to USPS.com and registering there. By registering there, you can get delivered to you, for free, a lot of shipping supplies, like boxes and such. But, more importantly, you can print shipping labels through the site. Printing the labels through the site lets you do the DC for free. Now, 50 cents may not seem like a lot, but factor that over the course of every single package you send out from here - passes, trades, bombs, etc - and over time it starts to add up. And, you can save all the addresses to an address book, so you have them all in an easy to find place.

Nice to know...............Thanks Tom. :cool:

MN taxes are 80%.

For me the USPS option is like gold. Living in NYC itself the lines at the P.O. are anything from 30 min to 45 min just to get to the teller. So I just print those labels and drop the box in the special recepticle they have at the P.O. In and out in under a minute now that is priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!

Our taxes, unfortunately, force us to purchase almost all of our cigars online. So, our Republican governor has f.cked all the cigar shops. I only say Republican because this is something that is usually blamed on Dems. Personally, I'm neither, but have seen both parties go after tobacco. :angry:

Our taxes, unfortunately, force us to purchase almost all of our cigars online. So, our Republican governor has f.cked all the cigar shops. I only say Republican because this is something that is usually blamed on Dems. Personally, I'm neither, but have seen both parties go after tobacco. :angry:

Bring back Jesse Ventura! :laugh:

No worries! It is my job as the pass host, and I always learn something new. :thumbs:

We are off to the races!! CgarDan, you ready?

Well, I blew up my computer last night. I have no idea if I will be able to recover anything at all. So I'll be monitoring this from work as time allows. I was going to post a pic of the prize for the contest, but I guess that will have to wait till I get things functioning again, but I'm sure someone will be very happy. :)

Well my computer is fully functional and I had a chance to put together a little summin summin for those of you are participating in the contest. I've decided to extend it another week because I want to see more pictures of you NooBs!! The contest will end next Sunday (29th) at 8am PST, to give the judge a day to do what he needs to w/o interferring w/ work. :cool:

med_gallery_1983_179_4402.jpg

Now who couldn't use an unopened box of Minis?!?! Keep 'em comin' boys! :thumbs:

No worries! It is my job as the pass host, and I always learn something new. :thumbs:

Well, I blew up my computer last night. I have no idea if I will be able to recover anything at all. So I'll be monitoring this from work as time allows. I was going to post a pic of the prize for the contest, but I guess that will have to wait till I get things functioning again, but I'm sure someone will be very happy. :)

Well my computer is fully functional and I had a chance to put together a little summin summin for those of you are participating in the contest. I've decided to extend it another week because I want to see more pictures of you NooBs!! The contest will end next Sunday (29th) at 8am PST, to give the judge a day to do what he needs to w/o interferring w/ work. :cool:

Now who couldn't use an unopened box of Minis?!?! Keep 'em comin' boys! :thumbs:
Dayum Bro.......And here I thought we were just getting a framed picture of you with twenty dollar pasties. :sign:

Edited because I can't proofread.

Bring back Jesse Ventura! :laugh:
Back when he was running for office there, I was a stockbroker working with a guy who was an insane WWF fan. Did a college internship with them, travelled all over the country to see matches, everything. Well, being relatively new, we spent most of our day cold-calling, and we would break down what time zone we called by what time it was; trying to hit each zone as businesses opened, etc.

He decided he was going to take it upon himself to campaign for Jesse on election day. He spent the ENTIRE day (7:30 a - 9:30 p Eastern) calling Minnesota. He would half-ass his pitch, and as soon as he got any resistance, immediately turned to Jesse. "So, you going out to vote today? Voting for "The Body"?" And would go into a from-the-heart, unrehearsed pitch on why Ventura would make sure a great gov.

This guy normally didn't make a lot of calls during a day, but that day I had never seen him work so had. He made, easily, 600+ calls that day, which is a pretty good clip. I was usually up near the top of the list on cold-calling days, averaging 700+. Did he make a difference? Who knows. But I sure as hell wish I knew how many, if any, people's minds he changed that day.

You guys may just make me give up a secret I have for the minis. I have some 5'ers but those minis sure are nice for a quick smoke. :D

Here ya go Cory....

roxie.jpg

This is all's that's left of the last mailman to deliver a bomb to my house!
....notice the rib bone beside her food bucket...

Here is why the Post Office sucks:

Had a feeling that I should be getting this box today, soI check their website around 3 pm. Well it says that they attempted to deliver and left a notice because no one answered. No one actually rang the bell and there was no notice left in the mail either. So I call them up and after 20 min on hold they finally found the box. Thank god I looked otherwise who knows how this would have panned out. Well al is well that ends well I picked up the box and everything looks just fine

Here are my proosed P/Ts

T: 18) Punch Duble Corona p: 39) AF Chateu Fuente cedar wrapped
T: 12) Gran Habano VL - Torpedo P: 40) CAO M X 2 Toro
T: 35) La Aurora Preferido Camerron Robusto P: 41) Olia Master Blend II Robusto

and a few hitchhikers

P: 42) Padilla Habano Robusto
P: 43) Sancho Panza double maduro Escudero

Let me know if that is fine this baby will roll to Martin2D tom.

Oh yeah here are a few pics:

My other passion besides cigars is football and Ijust happened to be around LSU right after they won the championship

me20.jpg

My ugly mug for those who wantto see me up close :D

me20-1.jpg