• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tubos as Gifts

The Green Monkey

Brap-brap
I was curious whether it makes any sense to give tubos (specifically the La Aurora Preferido sampler box) to someone who only occasionally smokes cigars and doesn't own a humidor. Will the tubes keep them appropriately humidified?

What about cigars that are sealed in glass? I assume that they're packaged with the proper humidity inside the tube, but you know what they say about assumptions...

Thanks!

My daughter gifted me a La Aurora Ruby when I first started smoking cigars, still one of my top 2 favorites, as a matter of fact, I just finished one.

I don't think the tubes help much for storage for very long.

Ken

If I remember correctly, the tubes are made to allow humidity to flow in and out... I could be mistaken! I don't think they would last to long before they go stale.

The owner of Prometheous told me that the tubos on the most recent GOF release keep the cigar humidified. They are also designed to hold all different lengths of cigars, from robusto to churchill. I can't vouch for the quality of the humidity, but there you go.

Stinki

I haven't had the pleasure of smoking any of the GoF offerings--are they pretty full bodied such that an infrequent smoker may be turned off by them, or are they mellow enough that anyone could enjoy one?

Pretty full bodied my friend. I don't think it would be a good one to start with. However, you might have fun watching your buddy turn green.

That's about what I expected, although none of the reviews I found came right out and said it.

What about cigars packaged in glass tubes? Are they sealed up with the proper amount of humidity? It's too bad that the Maker's Mark cigars seem to be so crummy since they look so nice...

They might, but the few that ive gotten in a glass tube didn't seem to be sealed very well.

The gigantic Punch Rare Corojo of some sort that I had a while ago was sealed pretty well, but it seems like this is becoming less and less of a good gift the further I investigate the idea...

The tubo would help out a little, but not a real long time before they dried out. How quick do you think he would go through the treasure box?

What about just getting a Tupperware container and throw a humi pak in and just give them the cigars in that?

I'm not certain yet whether I'll be needing to give the gift at all, and I don't really know the person all that well so I can't really say for sure how long they'd take to get through a fiver.

The more I think about it, the more I think a bottle of wine might be a safer bet anyway. Thanks for all the advice though!