• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

UFC 229: Nurmagomedov Vs. McGregor

Who is your money on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Acclaym

Moderation in moderation
So, who ya got!? For the guys who may not watch very much MMA this is arguably the greatest fight in UFC history. Although McGregor needs no introduction, Khabib Nurmagomedov is one of the most dominant men that has ever fought. He is undefeated at 26-0 and has never lost a single round while doing so. It's going to be the classic ground (Khabib) vs. stand up (Conor) and gravity usually tends to help the former. Who is your money on?

Never seen either fight in the Octagon, but when one guy's strength is ground and pound and the other's is stand up, I lean towards g&p getting the win.

I'm not sure I buy Uncle Dana's hype about "the greatest fight in UFC history", but I'll probably be buying this one if I'm home Saturday afternoon. It's a solid card, overall. Like him or hate him, Conor never fails to deliver in the Octagon, and he usually does what he says he's going to do. Khabib is going to be his toughest competition yet, but the fight has the potential to end up underwhelming if he just L&P's all fight. It's about even on the feet, but Khabib should easily own Conor when he takes him down to the mat.

I'm hoping the Khabib wins simply because he'll keep the division active (if he's healthy and it's not Ramadan), whereas McGregor gonna McGregor and never defend while taking fights in other weight classes or other disciplines until he gets stripped of the title again a year or so down the road.

What's the going rate on a UFC PPV these days? We used to get them delayed for free on Armed Forces Network when I was overseas, but I haven't seen any since we moved back.

What's the going rate on a UFC PPV these days? We used to get them delayed for free on Armed Forces Network when I was overseas, but I haven't seen any since we moved back.
The PPV is about 70 buckaroos depending on your provider but I haven't paid for one in years (I know, I'm a bad guy). PM me and I'll tell you how to be a bad guy too, lol.

The PPV is about 70 buckaroos depending on your provider but I haven't paid for one in years (I know, I'm a bad guy). PM me and I'll tell you how to be a bad guy too, lol.

I don't mind paying for one every now and then. I think the last one I actually bought was Jones/Cormier II. I've watched several others via alternative means, as well...

And.... Here. We. Go.

(Goldie was a goof, but I do miss hearing that)

The prelims were very good. A lot of finishes!

I hope Gray Maynard hangs it up. I've never cared for that guy.

Also, do you think Michelle Waterson likes asymmetrical cigar smokers...? (asking for a friend)

Can we get a color commentary on here?
I'm not paying to watch it.... Lol

Waterson/Herrig in R2. R1 was pretty even on the feet. Waterson got the takedown midway through R2 and has been smothering Herrig.

End R2.

FYI, there will probably be typos, as I'll be trying to keep up and "post reply" in a timely manner. Apologies in advance.

Michelle goofed the TD in R3 and Herrig reversed. Waterson on her back in full guard, but delivering some vicous elbows from the bottom.

Wateerson still on bottom at 2:15 R3, but getting the better of it.

Stood up by the ref.

Read on tweeter that the cameraman had a great angle on something....guessing there was a camel toe or something...lol

Waterson at about :40 R3. Still standing in the center trading.

Goes the distance.

Lst post should have said "great front face kick by Waterson".

I think this is going to be 3-0 UD for Waterson.