• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegas Robaina Clasicos

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Cloudy, cool, breezy; I myself am ready for some sunshine, yet it’s supposed to be like this for several more days. I hear what I believe is a tractor off in the distance, which is somewhat unusual on an early Sunday morning ‘round here. I walk around the side of the house to take a gander, and it’s a sh*t truck! Damn! Spraying what’s probably chicken crap on the fields, and now that I see it I can actually SMELL it in the breeze. ACK!! Great. There goes our summer! The last time they did this “crap” (pun intended) the smell lasted for weeks. Ah well, back to the porch where my VR Clasicos and coffee awaits.

I received this particular cigar in a very nice bomb from Andrew (Ludwig, thank you sir), and if you’re reading this brother, any idea the age? I know at one time, the VR Famosos was my absolute favorite cigar as it hit my palate like no other, however now not only the Famosos but also a number of other marca are my favorites as my tastes have changed.

The Clasico has a medium to dark brown wrapper with only a smidgen of noticeable oil and a couple of prominent veins running the length. It has a slightly boxed shape, very firm, and with the well-constructed cap punched I test the cold draw and find it very tight, however I’m still able to get some air to flow through that has a well matured tobacco taste. Hopefully once the cigar is warmed up, the draw will open more.

With the foot torched and burning good, I take a couple of puffs and then a slow, long draw and get a nice cinnamon spice coming through in the medium bodied smoke. The draw is working just fine as plenty of smoke is coming through. Flavors are as delicious as always with a Vega Robaina, that of sweet ripe fruit mingling with a rich golden honey and hints of cocoa. There’s some woodiness/grassiness as well. Fantastic flavor.

The burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming that holds strong. Heading into the second half, the draw is still working well as long as I take slow, long draws. Flavors are consistent with how previously described that of ripe fruit, honey, and cocoa being the dominant flavors with the cinnamon spice continuing to hit the back of the throat perfectly. There’s an excellent finish once exhaling the medium bodied smoke, long and lasting on the palate.

Admittedly, it’s been a while since I’ve smoked a VR, the last time being with my buddy Bill (whopper) where we both smoked a Unicos on his porch a couple months back. This Clasicos has reminded me how much I really do enjoy the VR line. I definitely have to visit these more often. Thanks again Andrew!

06-07-09VRClasicos001.jpg

06-07-09VRClasicos002.jpg

DSC06085.jpg

DSC06077.jpg