• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vegueros Especiales No. 2

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Morning Cpers! What a beautiful morning to wake up to! Sun peeking up over the tree line, hardly a cloud in the sky, smell of fresh coffee brewing, and a sausage biscuit ready to be devoured. With everything set-up on the back porch, I settled in to put fire to a Vegueros Especiales No. 2. I’ve been wanting to give a Vegueros a try for some time, and got this single in a sampler not long ago. The seller actually had it listed as a VR, which of course I assumed was a Vegas Robaina, however to my surprise when the package arrived, I had my first (and only) Vegueros! I do enjoy trying new smokes!

The wrapper was a golden brown with noticeable oils and a patchwork of veins throughout. I found a couple of really hard spots when squeezing the cigar, which had me a little worried about being plugged. I punched the pigtail cap and tried the draw. Yes, it seemed semi-plugged, however I could still get a small amount of air through. I went ahead and put fire to the foot to see if it would possibly open a little with the warmth coming through, however no dice. Grabbed the Palio and cut the head and tried again. Fortunately that did the trick and the draw opened up enough to get a decent amount of smoke out.

My first impression was floral with an undertone of old leather. The smoke itself was mild in strength and had quite a pleasant aftertaste. Maybe some herbal flavor was in there as well. After really getting into the smoke, the floral component really picked up with a very aromatic flavor. I’ve been smoking the pipe a good bit as of late and there was something in this smoke that reminded me of some of the pipe tobaccos I’ve been trying. An elegant aroma of flowers and possibly bitter chocolate. It was actually quite good!

There wasn’t much complexity to this smoke, but very nice flavors nonetheless. I would definitely recommend this as a possible beginners smoke with the mild to almost medium strength and pleasant aftertaste. I’m not sure the exact age of this smoke, however I was told it had several years on it. I’d be curious to try a fresh one to see the difference in flavor/strength.

Well, the girls are up and I’m all done. For some reason, I’m in the mood for apple pie. I think I’ll go make one. Later all!

10-26-08VeguerosEspecialesNo2001.jpg

10-26-08VeguerosEspecialesNo2002.jpg

10-26-08VeguerosEspecialesNo2003.jpg

10-26-08VeguerosEspecialesNo2004.jpg

Very nice. Never smoked one, probably never will! Never say never, right? :whistling:

Brian

MMmm..mmm! I guess that green band reminded me of green apples and got me wanting an apple pie. Told ya I was gonna go make one. :D In the oven and oh man does it smell GOOD!! Who wants some home made hot apple pie? Be ready in about another half-hour!

10-26-08Imported037.jpg

10-26-08Imported043.jpg

O.K. Greg, It's been a half hour. Where's my pie? :whistling:

Might be a good idea to delete those pics of you Greg. The CP Photoshopers can have alot of fun with that. ;) Thanks for the review bro.

As always, fantastic review. I'm a sucker for lanceros (well close enough!)!!!

I'm looking to get my hands on these in the future. Here is hoping for good draws.