• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Visiting Scotland in August!

investandprosper

Taking the Mrs. on an anniversary trip to Scotland this August, it'll be our first time there. Driving all over. Has anyone ever been, and are there any cigar shops that are a must-visit?

We'll be flying into/out of Edinburgh. Hoping there might be a good duty free ;)

I don't remember much about tobacconists there, but I must say that Edinburgh is probably my favorite city in the world. We were there in late August for The Fringe and the Royal Military Tattoo. Enjoy!

Nice! Thanks kann. We'll just miss the tattoo but are heading up to the Braemar Games on the 2nd =)

Wife and I went a couple of years ago. Just four or five days, I think. Stayed in Highlands and Speyside. Caught a Highlands fest in Tomintoul. Few nights up in Elgin and a couple in Edinburgh. Quick run up to Loch Ness to check that block.

I don't remember much for cigars. I took my own since I'm not big on Cubans and that's probably all you'll find there. At premium prices.

Stick to the booze. It's better money well spent. ;)

Glendronach was my favorite tour. Probably because it was the first and just one other couple getting the tour with us. Dufftown was cool and on my bucket list, of sorts. Didn't get to tour Balvenie. You have to make reservations way out or it may just be for VIPs.

How many days are you going for? You'll have a great time and there's awesome things to see no matter where you go!

Loved visiting Scotland, the Scottish food......not so much, we found an Italian restaurant in Edinburgh that was great. Did not visit any cigar shops whilst there. Focused on sightseeing and visited the Edradour distillery a very small hand run operation. Smoking in the U.K. keeps getting harder.