• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

Man, I need to get something in the kettle soon.

Have a APA that I am getting ready for, hopped to death with Amarillo and Simcoe.

I am looking forward to that, and the porter that I have planned.

Tim

Im on the fence of either a Pliny the Elder clone or a Surly Furious clone... I've read that the Furious is better.

I havent had the real Furious yet, but the Pliny is SOOOOO yummy, and ya can't go wrong with 6 oz of hops.

Just placed my order for the grain and hops for my APA.
I hope to get in the primary by the 28th.
About that time, the Honey Brown will be ready, and I should know if I will get picked up for my E7.
Either way I will be toasted.

I also got in my new micro scale for my hops. Looking forward to trying it out on the Simcoe and Amarillo in the APA

Tim

Bottled the Smoked Porter FG came in at 12, which was dead on so I'm getting excited to try this. I'm gonna try the sample bottle in a few weeks to see where it's at.

Ordered the Furious Clone. Can't wait for some Hoppygoodness

You guys just have to post these home brew threads on here don't ya. Now I got another hobby. :laugh: Guess I should really thank you folks, its a lot of fun! Started up in January with a honey nut brown ale, drinking that now. Just tasted my APA that's ready to put up.
Next is a partial mash stout.

I've got my strike water heating right now. Gonna add an extra pound of crushed grain to the wort and hope it gets nice and infected overnight, then I'll do the boil in the morning. We'll see how it goes...

I've got my strike water heating right now. Gonna add an extra pound of crushed grain to the wort and hope it gets nice and infected overnight, then I'll do the boil in the morning. We'll see how it goes...

My wort didn't sour at all so I just boiled it off and will be adding some bugs to secondary along with blueberries and oak chips. Gonna pitch an Imperial Porter onto the yeast cake from the sour.

Just hopped the Furious into the secondary fermentation.... MAN !! this is going to be hoplicious :)

Racked the Imperial Porter onto some oak chips and whipped up a batch of apfelwein this morning.

Mashing a dubbel/belgian porter sorta thing right now. Nobody else has been brewing anything?

Umm, hopefully this weekend I will be doing my first brew! Got a bunch of poker buddies that have been doing brewing long time and make some fantastic stuff, so they will be supervising (doing most of the work) for me on the first one. For my first batch I am doing a BASS ale clone but modified with some extra hops for some bite. I forgot the name of the secondary hops, but it is Fuggle and then another added later on. Will keep ya up to date and hopefully the wife doesn't mind the smell from the extract brew, as I don't have a garage or place to brew outside using propane and all grain.

Don

Mashing a dubbel/belgian porter sorta thing right now. Nobody else has been brewing anything?

This was my first batch using some of the bulk grain I bought and my ghetto grain mill. I still had some of the grain left from last batch (that I got horrible efficiency with) that was already milled that I wanted to use before it was stale. The crush on it was so much more coarse than the stuff I milled myself, I'm pretty sure that's why my efficiency was so low. Hit my OG this time dead on at 70% efficiency. I'm hoping milling all the grains myself from now on will bump it up a few more points.

This was my first batch using some of the bulk grain I bought and my ghetto grain mill. I still had some of the grain left from last batch (that I got horrible efficiency with) that was already milled that I wanted to use before it was stale. The crush on it was so much more coarse than the stuff I milled myself, I'm pretty sure that's why my efficiency was so low. Hit my OG this time dead on at 70% efficiency. I'm hoping milling all the grains myself from now on will bump it up a few more points.

Hey Justin if I bought the supplies could you brew me some beer?

I've only done 5 batches, so I'd be worried it would turn out shitty. Give me a suggestion on what I should brew next and I'll send you some bottles though.

I've only done 5 batches, so I'd be worried it would turn out shitty. Give me a suggestion on what I should brew next and I'll send you some bottles though.

These sound interesting:

Bourbon Barrel Porter
Irish Red Ale
Scottish 80

Scored these at the scrapyard the other day for $19 total, goodbye bottling bucket!

cornies.jpg

Cael wanted to help me clean them up.

hopmonster002.jpg

I haven't brewed any in a while.. I am a cheater homebrewer, I don't do all grain. My last batch was an American Amber that turned out pretty well. I need to do another batch of an IPA sometime soon, there is a stone bastard clone kit at a local brew shop that I thought I would try. With the weather warming up I need to get out and brew some. One of the last batch I did in my garage in the middle of the winter and had so much water evaporate because of how cold the garage was that I ended up adding extra water to get the volume up and the brew turned out a little watered down. Nice weather means I should be brewing more beer!