• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2017)

20170801_195632.jpg

Had this beer last night, it was my first Modern Times stout. I could definitely taste the Orange peel, hazelnut and cocoa. The barrel added some great characteristics to it as well.

The orange peel/cocoa, made me think back to having one of those 65% dark chocolate candy bars, with orange. That's how this beer drank, as it warmed. It was a great change of pace, just not sure I'd reach for/trade for this one again.

Last edited:
8820000423966.png

I drink IPAs almost exclusively, but this one is a bit bitter, even for me. Goes good with lunch.

Doc

Just think Belgian Ale that finishes like you took a shot of liquor. I figured it would have that rum/molasses finish, but it was just heavy alcohol at the end.
IMG_1226.JPG

I still keep an eye open with you in mind. My local shop has BBB on the shelves however I have not located the other variants of it. I'm assuming those will be out until next time they are released. Let me know if you want me to pickup a few bottles of BBB for you.

'15 Avery Rumpkin. It's funny how tastes change over time. Years ago this beer blew me away and I had to find any and every bottle I could get my hands on. Now, while I still enjoy it, I wish the overwhelming brown sugar/molasses sweetness wouldn't blow out all the rest of the nuances going on. Perhaps I need to drink them sooner instead of holding on to them for years.

I still keep an eye open with you in mind. My local shop has BBB on the shelves however I have not located the other variants of it. I'm assuming those will be out until next time they are released. Let me know if you want me to pickup a few bottles of BBB for you.

I enjoy the regular BBB as well and traded for a few. I could says use more, so I'll let you know. If you do find the variants, let me know. I'd love to have those as well.

Picked up a couple Sip of Sunshine cans while in Maine a couple weeks ago. Cracked one last night. Based on what I've heard I was expecting mind blowing, but it was just very good.

Picked up a couple Sip of Sunshine cans while in Maine a couple weeks ago. Cracked one last night. Based on what I've heard I was expecting mind blowing, but it was just very good.

It is very good. I've found that 95% of the time I go into a beer, hearing it's "mind blowing", I'm let down. Same with cigars. I loved Heady Topper, but it's one that I don't find "mind blowing" either.

I'd rather have beers that I know are worth my time/money, then searching out HTF beers, to only be let down.

It is very good. I've found that 95% of the time I go into a beer, hearing it's "mind blowing", I'm let down. Same with cigars. I loved Heady Topper, but it's one that I don't find "mind blowing" either.

I'd rather have beers that I know are worth my time/money, then searching out HTF beers, to only be let down.

Spot on, my brother.

IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1256.JPG IMG_1255.JPG IMG_1258.JPG

Thanks Nfulton! I think you sent me this beer about four years ago....

Interesting with the flavors that the Highland Park 18 YO barrels imparted to this dark beer. Not as viscous as
The attached phamplet suggest, but it's definitely a flavorful and complex beer for sure. No head, or little carbonation was observed, but didn't seem to be flat either.

Attachments

• IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 0