• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2017)

You people with KBS suck.

A friend's bar had their grand opening on Friday. The beers I consumed include:

Omnipollo: Noa Pecan Mud Cake
Omnipollo: Hypnopomba Barrel aged
Alesmith: Speedway Vietnamese Coffee
Evil Twin: Even More Jesus
Prarie: Paradise
Hitachino Nest: Bourbon Commemorative
The Kernel: IPA

It was a fantastic event.

Bell's Two Hearted. Best IPA from a bottle in my book.

Firestone Walker Bravo
2rh4rax.jpg

IMG_9508.JPG IMG_9509.JPG

Did a tour of Sun King Brewery in Indianapolis yesterday. Really neat, and very good beer. Walked away with a two-pack of their aged sour beer.

Santa's little helper and then BA Ten Fidy. Feeling it.
I've had this. Not a fan of the style, but objectively, it a damn fine brew.

I'm no Beer Guru, and am still surprised how many "canned" beers are so popular. Have we gone past the idea that a bottle is always better than the can?
Is it that it's just that good, so even it a can it slays a lot of competitors? Was there any truth to that idea that a bottle is always better than a Can?
I could guess it might have been true once, and can lining tech has equalized, but don't know. Just curious.

(BTW: I'm a Belgian Whore...smitten for years and really dominates my selections)

I've had this. Not a fan of the style, but objectively, it a damn fine brew.

I'm no Beer Guru, and am still surprised how many "canned" beers are so popular. Have we gone past the idea that a bottle is always better than the can?
Is it that it's just that good, so even it a can it slays a lot of competitors? Was there any truth to that idea that a bottle is always better than a Can?
I could guess it might have been true once, and can lining tech has equalized, but don't know. Just curious.

(BTW: I'm a Belgian Whore...smitten for years and really dominates my selections)
From what I've heard (no expert on the subject) the lining technology improved years ago. I think the perception that only the mass market crap stuff comes in cans and the good stuff only comes in bottles is one of the main reasons cans aren't more ubiquitous. The biggest advantages of the cans are weight reduction, stackability, durability, and ability to completely shield the contents from sunlight. I also think you're far less likely to come across a can with a faulty seal than a bottle with a faulty cap or dried cork.