• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2017)

I've had this. Not a fan of the style, but objectively, it a damn fine brew.

I'm no Beer Guru, and am still surprised how many "canned" beers are so popular. Have we gone past the idea that a bottle is always better than the can?
Is it that it's just that good, so even it a can it slays a lot of competitors? Was there any truth to that idea that a bottle is always better than a Can?
I could guess it might have been true once, and can lining tech has equalized, but don't know. Just curious.

(BTW: I'm a Belgian Whore...smitten for years and really dominates my selections)
By no means am I knowledgeable to the level of many around here when it comes to beers, however, I notice that beers in your preferred style (Belgian), indeed do not seem to be produced in cans. I was only able to Googlate upslope brewing company with a canned (Belgian style) beer.

But this is coming from a guy who basically knows only that beer is made with some combo of malt, hops, barley, other flavoring ingredients, yeast and water.

I notice that beers in your preferred style (Belgian), indeed do not seem to be produced in cans.
Dang, that's an interesting tangent. Well done, C!

I love anything the Monks Brew, "St. Bernardus Blue", and "Delirium Nocturnum" All bottles. Delerium uses a clay or something, so completely light protected. Fun discussion.

Big Island Brewhaus Golden Sabbath. The honey is very pronounced. Ordered this at an eatery we just stopped at in Kailua Hawaii overlooking the ocean. Just like a cigar, atmosphere can definitely heighten the enjoyment.
IMG_0798.JPG

JW Lees Harvest ale aged in sherry casks
xn9mpk.jpg

Alewerks Grand Illumination Barleywine Style Ale from 2013 on a rainy/chilly Virginia evening. Just what I needed, and was surprised to see the lack of love on BA when I looked it up a minute ago.
IMG_0893.JPG

Hull Melon & Blanc IPA | The Hop Concept Brewing
Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee Porter | Smog City
Hoptonic IPA | Smog City
Mayberry IPA | El Segundo Brewing Co
Titan IPA | Great Divide Brewing Co
Swami's IPA | Pizza Port Brewing Co
The Juice APA | Peak Organic Brewing Co
Aurora Hoppyalis IPA | Karl Strauss Brewing Co

Many more, that's all I can remember haha.

Hull Melon & Blanc IPA | The Hop Concept Brewing
Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee Porter | Smog City
Hoptonic IPA | Smog City
Mayberry IPA | El Segundo Brewing Co
Titan IPA | Great Divide Brewing Co
Swami's IPA | Pizza Port Brewing Co
The Juice APA | Peak Organic Brewing Co
Aurora Hoppyalis IPA | Karl Strauss Brewing Co

Many more, that's all I can remember haha.

Hop head.

IMG_7315.JPG

Kind of sad they're not making this anymore. Everyone wants barrel aged beers now a days.

Modern Times Orderville
Alesmith Nut Brown
Port Brewing Board Meeting
Bruery Share This: Mole