• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

71KPWLUldFL._SY355_.jpg

I think the engineer was stoned. The panning is just unbelievable.

Doc
I don't know if it's this particular release but I have some Four Season recordings that have just freeking brutal mixing. Worse than early Beatles.

I don't know if it's this particular release but I have some Four Season recordings that have just freeking brutal mixing. Worse than early Beatles.
Yea, that's why you can buy re-mastered mono boxed sets. Just another way to separate the consumer from his money. Like, how manly times do I have to buy the same music before you get it right??!!

Doc

Last edited:
Just re-listened to "Who's Next" by The Who. There may be better rock and roll albums, but I don't know of them. This one just rocks, every song, every note. From 'Baba O'Riley', to 'Won't Get Fooled Again', rock and roll perfection. Trivia, this was the debut of the venerable ARP 2600 synthesizer. A 'desert island' album, without a doubt. Arguably, this one is Townsend, Daltrey, Moon and Entwistle at their sharpest and in their best form. Others were good, this one set the bar.

Just re-listened to "Who's Next" by The Who. There may be better rock and roll albums, but I don't know of them. This one just rocks, every song, every note. From 'Baba O'Riley', to 'Won't Get Fooled Again', rock and roll perfection. Trivia, this was the debut of the venerable ARP 2600 synthesizer. A 'desert island' album, without a doubt. Arguably, this one is Townsend, Daltrey, Moon and Entwistle at their sharpest and in their best form. Others were good, this one set the bar.
I'm listening to it right now myself. Great Minds and all that :)

Damn it, now I'm listening to this album as well :)

"We are everyday robots on our phones
In the process of getting home
Looking like standing stones
Out there on our own"

PinkFloyd-album-piperatthegatesofdawn_300.jpg

Syd Barrett, don't ya know.
Tidal lossless streaming.
Doc

The-Secret-Sisters-Put-Your-Needle-Down.jpg

Recommended by AVB. This ain't bad. It's the female version of the Everly Bothers. I may have to buy it. I listened to their first album as well, but this is the more impressive of the two, or I should say I preferred the song selection. They're both produced and mixed by T-Bone Burnett. I have the feeling the vinyl sounds even better.
Tidal lossless streaming.

Doc

Last edited:
Reactions: AVB
Is this the show from Sweden in the Audioslave days? I had been listening to that in the mornings at work before everyone arrived for a while. Absolutely chilling.

It's actually a compilation of a few live solo shows he did in April 2011. It's incredible.