• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What music are you listening to currently?

Been to the Main Point a few times myself but didn't go to this one either. 'MMR was the most progressive station in Philly. Album sides, new music from the UK thanks to Luke O'Reilly and his connections (RIP 2017 - you can read how extraordinary he was here), weird stuff from the left coast thanks to close ties to WNEW and WMMS since the word traveled quickly in that circle. Ed Sciaky almost single handedly breaking Bruce and Billy Joel in Philly and of course, Michael Tearson. I probably learned more about music listening to those first 3 1/2 years of MMR than I have the rest of my life.

s-l640.jpg

An 8 CD set, this is volume 7 and might be the most influential IMO. Starting with Rocket "88" which many consider the first rock record. Ike Turner might not have ended well but he started off with more influence than most realize - see the link. And was common at the time (well before Pat Boone) there is Bill Haley doing his version just 4 months later. These is also the first release by Little Richard sounding nothing like the Little Richard we all know. 2 Fats Domino songs released 4 years before his first album and Big Mama Thornton's 4th single well before she did Hound Dog. The rest of this set has a fair amount of western swing on it and while it tries to show the tie-in to early rock it doesn't quite succeed in that respect.

I almost forgot . there is a song for Doc on it too.

I almost forgot . there is a song for Doc on it too.

That was far out, as we used to say.
I contacted Michael Tearson a couple of years ago. He's a good guy. I thanked him for getting us through the night. He was very grateful.

Doc

Grooving Primus all day. I just stumbled on a Primus tribute/cover band that's playing nearby on Saturday, so I'm in the mood.

Grooving Primus all day. I just stumbled on a Primus tribute/cover band that's playing nearby on Saturday, so I'm in the mood.
Funny! I love listening to Primus and Les’s thumping bass sound! If you like Primus Andy, you should check out the Lennon Claypool Delirium. Been listening to them at the House of Blues the last several weeks and it has been good for my Claypool Bass fix!

I want that Westfalia!

You and me both, except I want a 1971. One of my biggest life regrets is letting mine go that I got as a teenagers first car. I have so many fond memories of that thing and the trips I took in it with friends and girlfriends. Here’s a picture of me in front of it with my sister around 1985.

A70AF3CE-551F-47F9-96F4-4DF57EF3BA9D.jpeg

You and me both, except I want a 1971. One of my biggest life regrets is letting mine go that I got as a teenagers first car. I have so many fond memories of that thing and the trips I took in it with friends and girlfriends. Here’s a picture of me in front of it with my sister around 1985.

View attachment 20480

You haven't changed much

Some things you don't see to often. Robert PLant playing guitar and Neil Young onstage with Led Zeppelin
I was at that ceremony (in the press room not the dining room). It was questionable at that time if JPJ would attend or even if he would be invited to.

Reactions: AVB