• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

well got the OK from the oral surgeon to smoke a cigar today. So i am enjoying a Buffalo trace barrell 110 with a padilla 1932 Churchill

Hancock President's Reserve is one on my list that I can never seem to either find or if I do see it I'm already over budget in my mail order. Maybe we can work out a trade for some Ron Z. PM if interested.

I had a glass of Jack Daniels with a small ice cube to tone down the alcohol bite and was very surprised with how much I liked it. I typically drink this with cola but figured I'd try it by itself. Nice sweet whiskey flavor with a slight charcoal taste which has grown on me from drinking things like Stagg.

How in the world can you notice the weak-ass JD 80 proof alcohol after drinking Stagg which I believe has never been less than 133 proof ever. ???

I had a glass of Jack Daniels with a small ice cube to tone down the alcohol bite and was very surprised with how much I liked it. I typically drink this with cola but figured I'd try it by itself. Nice sweet whiskey flavor with a slight charcoal taste which has grown on me from drinking things like Stagg.

How in the world can you notice the weak-ass JD 80 proof alcohol after drinking Stagg which I believe has never been less than 133 proof ever. ???

LOL I water down the Stagg with a ton of ice/water so it's down to around 80-90 proof. Plus the Stagg is uncut and has much more flavor to cover up the alcohol. JD seems to have an alcohol smell to me but it disappears after you add a bit of water and it opens up the flavors a bit but nothing like Stagg.

I need to try JD single barrel to compare but the regular JD seems to be a good cheap option. I've had Gentlemen Jack and it was pretty damn smooth and only about $6-7 dollars more than the regular.

Hancock President's Reserve is one on my list that I can never seem to either find or if I do see it I'm already over budget in my mail order. Maybe we can work out a trade for some Ron Z. PM if interested.

I am very much your huckleberry.

Well again tonight Hancock's with a Storm King backing. I have to take a moment here to stress how great Strom King Imperial Stout from Victory is with whiskey. I was never a beer drinker until just a few short months ago when I found this. I do not drink any other beer, but this stuff just seems to be right for the occasion. Maybe it is just me, but wow what a pairing.

I will also take a moment to rant on about Hancock's. A great single barrel out of Buffalo Trace that almost no one ever tastes outside KY. Folks, do not let this ugly bottle fool you. The brown on the inside makes up for the lack luster look of the bottle. Liquid gold American wonder. Make sure at some time you try this bottle, it was the drink of my bachelor party and let me tell you, it made an impression on all those big city boys who thought single barrel JD was the big thing (and by impression I mean they had an early night).

I found a rum that I really enjoy is PYRAT xo reserve rum it is made by patron spirits and it is tasty :p

LOL I water down the Stagg with a ton of ice/water so it's down to around 80-90 proof. Plus the Stagg is uncut and has much more flavor to cover up the alcohol. JD seems to have an alcohol smell to me but it disappears after you add a bit of water and it opens up the flavors a bit but nothing like Stagg.

I need to try JD single barrel to compare but the regular JD seems to be a good cheap option. I've had Gentlemen Jack and it was pretty damn smooth and only about $6-7 dollars more than the regular.

Mmm, Gentlemen Jack.. One of my favorites!

A nice Tanqueray and tonic went smashingly well with a Boli RC. A nice end to a long, full, day...... :cool:

Straight from Venezuela (Wife's Grandparents in town), the best rum I've ever had...

Selecto

Having a new one right now. Crown Royal Reserve neat, so far so good. Def has that Crown Taste just a little more smooth. Very enjoyable.

Well, after Greg reminded me about the Gentlemen Jack I decided to pour a glass of that tonight, and seeing as I enjoy it so much I'll probably end up finishing off the bottle this evening.

Drank a couple fingers of William Larue Weller with ice that is always fantastic. By far my favorite of the BTAC and my favorite Bourbon right now.

Couple of ounces of Buffalo Trace and a Padron 2000 under a misty moon. Almost enough to make me forget what a crap week it's been.

Put a nice dent in what was left of the Aberlour 15 sherry tonight....it's been the drink of choice lately since I only brought 4 bottles with me to Utah...need to order another bottle pretty soon.

Wonderful Eagle Rare 17yr last night with my father in law who is in from Canada. He had the Bushmills 1608 and had some Sazerak (he loved both). He is big on Scotch but loved both these new tastes for his palate.

Had a wonderful little glass of Maker's Mark this afternoon, neat. I also had a chance to introduce a long-time friend to it too, a beer and mixed drink guy... he enjoyed it but wasn't used to the strength of a straight shot.

Had the pleasure of sharing some Laphroaigh 15 and Aberlour A'bunadh while smoking an Boli Exclusivo Asia Pacifico yesterday afternoon with a great BOTL. We were bound and determined to enjoy ourselves customers & heat be damned. The highlight was when his dad popped in to say hello and ended up grabbing a glass and joining us!

Bulleit Bourbon, neat and no ice (I never ruin a good amber with hard water).

I love the strong rye profile in this one.

I picked up a couple new ones today and tried them both. Oban Distiller's Edition and Woodford Reserve Sweet Mash. Both enjoyable, neither worth the price.