• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Saturday I had a few pulls off a flask full of Knob Creek before & after a wedding. Most of the time I had a Jack Daniels & coke in my hand at the reception.

Couple few shots of Woodford with an aggrevatin' Punch RS11.

Ahh she plugged up on ya did she. I never got into mie that night.

Last few nights I have been into the Ron Zacapa 23. All I can say is Wow.

A big thanks to Blair for the great bomb and Ray for the great trade. Now I am rich as a pirate with good rum.

I just opened a bottle of Santa Teresa 1796 Ron Antiguo de Solero. Bigger and spicer rum, also very good, but it is no RZ 23. A lot more pepper to it and a lot more oak.

Yep I am with Ray on this, even though I first said to go with it.

An overpriced and modern bottle. Good on the front and a terrible finish. Sorry Doc, Next time I am up your way I will bring some good American rye with me.

Started tonight with Rum and ended with Oban.

The pisser is I've got to drive to Salem NH to get the Wild Turkey. That's dangerously close to Mass. Gives me the hives.

Doc.

Enjoyed a small glass of Macallan 10 Fine Oak tonight. Good for a change of pace from my typical sherried scotch or bourbon.

HC BP...a dbl at that Been working 14 hour shifts lately and it's a perfect end to the day.

Enjoyed a little too much William Larue Weller last night...

I'm glad my local has a good number of bottles of this or I'd be very sad when it's gone.

Elmer T. Lee

Single Barrel Sour Mash Kentucky Straight Bourbon out of Buffalo Trace, a 90 proof.

about 3 fingers on Ice as I wait for Ian to come over to cook burgers.

Not much to be said about this one, and I hate to not say much about the wonderful folk at the Trace.

As perfect as the place is, this is not one of their best. True "Sour Mash" comes through with bitty character and low on the finish, though a bit creamy. Needs more time in the barrel for me.

Edit to add: There is not an age specified.

I'm glad my local has a good number of bottles of this or I'd be very sad when it's gone.

Wanted to add if you EVER see this in the antique collection, buy buy BUY. it is wonderful, one of my all time favorites.

Wanted to add if you EVER see this in the antique collection, buy buy BUY. it is wonderful, one of my all time favorites.

Um what do you think I was talking about? :laugh:

The only product they have with the full Weller name on the bottle is the BTAC version. The others say W.L. Weller. And yes I know where there are multiple bottles of the BTAC Weller sitting in the back of a store. :thumbs:

Bit early for a dram here but last night I enjoyed something light a dram of Bunnahabhain 12 y.o. and a Onyx Vintage 1997 "Black Prince". Not really a good pairing but I made the best of it :rolleyes:

Um what do you think I was talking about? :laugh:

The only product they have with the full Weller name on the bottle is the BTAC version. The others say W.L. Weller. And yes I know where there are multiple bottles of the BTAC Weller sitting in the back of a store. :thumbs:

My apologies, you lucky bastid :laugh:

I hit the Knob Creek again last night with a back of Sam Adam Chocolate Brock. Wonderful pairing, I can't say enough about the two together. I say a lot about how much I love Storm King stout with whiskey, but this was right up there with the best.

Tonight I am going to retry a great disapointment, the old Woodford Reserve Sonoma barreling from a few/couple years back. It may go well after the protabella rav and alfredo sauce dinner with mild sausages.

Wish you all were here, nice cool breeze outside and the deck is perfect for a cigar of any kind.

Come to Lansing boys :thumbs:

Whatever the Hell you guys are pitching down your Gullet. I hope you will at least take a second or two to savor the delicious flavor of that alcoholic beverage for those of us who cannot indulge at the present time due to our current travels to what I've heard called "exotic lands"! I'll refrain from further comment on that one.

Just to follow up, for the first time in my life tasting Woodford experimantal batches, this one with 3 fingers on ice, is pretty good. It is not worth the heavy price tag that these bottles cost, but it is a good glass o whiskey and I have to admit it.