• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What wine did you drink today?

duglynukem

Nuclear Advocate
I stopped at Scotto's, my favorite Italian food restaurant this evening. I love their Lasagne it is enough for two people. I had a chianti, the Ruffino Chianti Riserva Ducale Tan. Love that stuff.

I had some of the Ruffino Chianti Riserva Ducale Tan last week, I have to say it is a nice wine with food, especially Italian food, not too pricey. I don't often drink Chianti because it always reminds me of liver and fava beans after the second glass.

Opened up a 2009 Eponymous Cab.  Very nice napa cab.  It was on sale at my local pusher.  I cracked one and will be going back for more before the sale ends.  A winner. :thumbs:   

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11874]

Very nice smooth wine, not exactly bursting with flavor, more subtle but very smooth.  

Martinborough Pinot 2006

Enjoyed a bottle of 2009 Chateau De Rochemorin Bordeaux. While I won't spend a plug nickle for a bottle of French wine, I was gifted a few bottles about 5 months ago by one of the guys I work with. This is a nice Cab & Merlot blend which needed a good amount of time decanted. Then you get a medium bodied, earthy red. Went perfect with a Monti #2 last time and smoked a Lusi with it the other night.

photo_zps320dd2ef.jpg

Resurrecting this one again. I'll try and be better about keeping this one active. It's a shame I have but one liver to give CP.

Malibu Rocky Oaks Cab, 2016. I bought this one not really knowing what to expect. I know it shouldn't, but the twist off cap made me suspicious. Knowing it's from Lodi, CA, with some years on it, and a cab, I figured it was worth the gamble. When I uploaded a pic of it to an app I have on my phone (Vivino), I was pleasantly surprised to see it had solid ratings (overall average of 4.2 out of 5). This one is big and bold and a pleasure. Maybe it's because I wasn't sure what to expect but this one is impressing me a whole lot.

1. Ya'll need to drink more wine (Alles sollem mehr Wein getranken).
2. I had a 2018 Caliterra Carmenere tonight.

I do, I just don't remember to post up a pic in this thread. More than likely we'll open a bottle tonight. Costco had a box set of 4 bottles of bordeaux for ~$38. I mean, I don't know much about bordeauxs, and yeah, they might not be the greatest bottles ever, but for that price I'm certainly willing to explore some French bordeauxs and odds are they'll at least be decent bottles.

My buddy introduced me to this one. It's a value label (it seems) that I only seem to find at Ralph's (Kroger). Hard to go wrong with anything from the CA central coast, and this one is about $10. Great value.