• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's in your glass....2017

Had a couple fingers of a rye whiskey called "ri". Pretty good stuff. I'll have to keep my eye open for it next time I'm at the bottle shop.

Had a couple fingers of a rye whiskey called "ri". Pretty good stuff. I'll have to keep my eye open for it next time I'm at the bottle shop.
You are literally the first person I heard say they liked it. Not even my wife liked it and she mixes it with coke. I believe it is made by Jim Beam though it may be another well known brand. Same stuff as their lower end bottle just prettier package.

Well, in my defense I don't have much experience with rye and really liquors as a whole. I burned myself out on cheap rums and vodkas (the kind you get in plastic handles at the local drug store) when I was younger and for years after that I couldn't stomach much of anything which is when I forced myself to adapt to beer. It's really only been within the past 5 or 6 years that I developed a taste for Irish whiskeys and most recently found that I prefer my liquor with a splash of water, as opposed to on the rocks or neat. I'm just taking baby steps recently to learn about other liquors such as rum, brandy, cognac, rye, etc.

Sorry about writing my life's story, heh.

Well, in my defense I don't have much experience with rye and really liquors as a whole. I burned myself out on cheap rums and vodkas (the kind you get in plastic handles at the local drug store) when I was younger and for years after that I couldn't stomach much of anything which is when I forced myself to adapt to beer. It's really only been within the past 5 or 6 years that I developed a taste for Irish whiskeys and most recently found that I prefer my liquor with a splash of water, as opposed to on the rocks or neat. I'm just taking baby steps recently to learn about other liquors such as rum, brandy, cognac, rye, etc.

Sorry about writing my life's story, heh.
Quite alright, drink what you like. It has been about 4 years since I had it so maybe they improved it. I just won't be betting my money on it.

Having a pour of some Berneroy Calvados XO. Complete blind-buy and probably my first calvados ever. Well, you gotta fill up the home bar somehow, right?

Been dipping into my Willett 3yr Rye, Sazerac Rye, and E.H. Taylor Rye the past month. All are fantastic.

Had some Amrut single malt from India. Tasted like scotch.

Then a yellow spot Irish whiskey.

WR MC Brandy Cask Finish. I think it's worth the $100 - good bourbon.

IMG_5953_zpsznlhk4tp.jpg

The campfire and rendezvous were my favorite of the four.