• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

That sounds excellent. I would think blackberry balsamic would work well with pork. My first instinct would be poultry but I would worry it would overpower the meat unless you're using something like duck, pheasant, quail, etc. I also think it might go well alongside some cheese.

IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0222.JPG I make this relish at least once a year. I didn't have the right color bell peppers but it'll taste the same. It's great on hotdog

6 cups red, orange and yellow bell peppers (1 pepper = 1 cup)
6 medium onions
6 cups cabbage (about half a head)
Above is chopped fine and covered in boiling water for 15 minutes then drain
*Add to the above
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
1 minced head of garlic
6 jalapeño chopped fine
3 cups sugar
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1/4 cup mustard seed
1/4 cup celery seed
1 tablespoon All Spice
3 table spoons red pepper flakes
*Bring to a boil and add to the above then bring it all to a boil for 30 seconds
2 cups water
2 cups white vinegar
4 cups cider vinegar

Makes about 10 quarts
Water bath for 10 minutes

You're not apt to see a lot of double yolk eggs living in the big city.;)

Doc

I had the Mexican trifecta of tacos, elote, and a churro last night. Tonight I went with something lighter and healthier. Poke with miso soup on the side.
34ysjlu.jpg

It was Olivia's 10th birthday yesterday and for dinner, she picked Cheesecake factory. While the food is decent and overpriced, the cheesecake made it better. Wife and I either pick the Red Velvet cheesecake or the Lemoncello cream torte, to share. I've made the Red Velvet, many times, just need to find the recipe for the Lemoncello. It's great.

It was Olivia's 10th birthday yesterday and for dinner, she picked Cheesecake factory. While the food is decent and overpriced, the cheesecake made it better. Wife and I either pick the Red Velvet cheesecake or the Lemoncello cream torte, to share. I've made the Red Velvet, many times, just need to find the recipe for the Lemoncello. It's great.
You'll need simple syrup, the yellow peal of 15 lemons (avoid the white pith), 2 bottles of Everclear and a couple of months. Most of the stuff sold in the US is not authentic. It must have a kick. The homemade stuff has a kick.:eek: If you're seriously interested I'll send you a recipe.

Doc

You'll need simple syrup, the yellow peal of 15 lemons (avoid the white pith), 2 bottles of Everclear and a couple of months. Most of the stuff sold in the US is not authentic. It must have a kick. The homemade stuff has a kick.:eek: If you're seriously interested I'll send you a recipe.

Doc
I would take the recipe if you don't mind. I have some homemade hooch that could be put to good use.

Doc

That sounds great, but the kids would also be eating this. I guess I could always give them a slice, before bed :)

Just discovered a local farm that raises meat rabbits. I think I'll go pick up a couple. They're wonderful braised in white wine or a cacciatore. Makes a wonderful compliment to pasta, couscous or risotto.

Doc
Love rabbit fricassee, my mom used to make for my dad.

Never seen something like that. I can't imagine how it would taste. Weirdest thing I've had with peanut butter was a burger which was actually pretty good. I haven't had it in a very long time but fried egg with mayo on good bread used to be a favorite of mine. Even better if it had cheese and was on a crossant.

Never seen something like that. I can't imagine how it would taste. Weirdest thing I've had with peanut butter was a burger which was actually pretty good. I haven't had it in a very long time but fried egg with mayo on good bread used to be a favorite of mine. Even better if it had cheese and was on a crossant.
Ineresting if I liked mayo I would be trying , but been eating eggs with pb since i was a youngin