• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Made a paella for "4"... The wife counts as one and I count as 3 :D. Washed it down with Gin&Tonic. This is a 15" paella pan. The ingredients are: Calasparra Rice, Spanish saffron, shrimps, scallops, calamari, mussels, 2 different types of clams, red peppers, yellow peppers, tomatoes, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper. It was so good that I might be making another one this weekend.
full

Made a paella for "4"... The wife counts as one and I count as 3 :D. Washed it down with Gin&Tonic. This is a 15" paella pan. The ingredients are: Calasparra Rice, Spanish saffron, shrimps, scallops, calamari, mussels, 2 different types of clams, red peppers, yellow peppers, tomatoes, garlic, green onions, salt and pepper. It was so good that I might be making another one this weekend.
full

Man that sounds good. The best Paella I've had, was made for us in Roatan. Not sure I'd attempt it, living in Oklahoma :)

Man that sounds good. The best Paella I've had, was made for us in Roatan. Not sure I'd attempt it, living in Oklahoma :)

You can do it! You just need the right tools and ingredients. It will be a bit confusing the first time you make it but then you will realize that there is nothing to it. It really is a simple dish to make.

You can do it! You just need the right tools and ingredients. It will be a bit confusing the first time you make it but then you will realize that there is nothing to it. It really is a simple dish to make.

Right tools and good recipe works every time!

True and I'm not typically scared of trying new recipes, but when it comes to seafood.....Oklahoma isn't technically on the coast :)

You can limit the amount of seafood or make a non seafood paella to try out first. Plenty of good recipes out there both ways. Everyone has their own take on this classic dish.

You can limit the amount of seafood or make a non seafood paella to try out first. Plenty of good recipes out there both ways. Everyone has their own take on this classic dish.

The best traditional paella I've ever had was made with rabbit meat, chicken and artichokes.

I decided to make my own sushi after paying too much for questionable tuna.

Made my interpretation of a Cali roll for my wife and a tuna roll for myself.

It was frigging delicious!

View attachment 17296 View attachment 17297 View attachment 17298 View attachment 17299
Very cool, I used to make my own rolls too. It was challenging at times to get the rice perfect and proper vinegar/rice ratio. My only difference was putting the rice on the outside. I think you have inspired me to do this again...I just need to get my knives sharpened!

Very cool, I used to make my own rolls too. It was challenging at times to get the rice perfect and proper vinegar/rice ratio. My only difference was putting the rice on the outside. I think you have inspired me to do this again...I just need to get my knives sharpened!

My rice was a sticky mess. So that's a work in progress.

Also, I too discovered my knives need a good session on the stones. I've never bothered since they are a cheap set and my wife insists on putting them in the dishwasher.

My rice was a sticky mess. So that's a work in progress.

Also, I too discovered my knives need a good session on the stones. I've never bothered since they are a cheap set and my wife insists on putting them in the dishwasher.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: to the dishwasher comment....ah! No! Lol If you decide to get a new/nice set, please don't let her!! :p

It took a few batches for me to figure out how much water to use to get the perfect wetness or stickiness. The process as a whole definitely isn't easy!

I know. Knives in the dishwasher is a no-no.

I can't break her of the habit, yet....lol