• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Last of my leftovers from Oktoberfest this past weekend where I had some friends over and grilled up some sausages. Kasekrainer with kraut and mustard on a pretzel roll with german potato salad on this side. So damn good. Tried rotating the pic using the gallery tools but it just gave me an error.

Thanks! Chile powder or chili powder? I don't use much salt---a little sea salt when cooking, never at the table---and even most brands of potato chips are too salty for me. I did add some sundried tomato pesto and a little water when I re-heated the leftovers for another round, though and it improved it a lot.

~Boar
Right?? We don't need 200% dv salt on every chip. I loved the kettle chips that were lightly salted from Costco but they stopped making them for some reason. Probably a good thing actually...I'd kill a bag in one sitting if I wasn't careful.

Went to buy beef short ribs and saw some beautiful fresh sardines. I couldn't pass on them!

Decided to grill them for about 3 minutes on each side. Kosher salt and rosemary. Delicious.

Had them with a chickpea salad. Those are Dominican hot peppers from my garden, they are called "Aji titi." Someone brought me a few dried ones from DR so I planted some of those seeds and got 2 nice plants from it. The sauce is chopped parsley, olive oil, scallions, lemon juice, orange juice, salt, pepper and aji titi.

Damn, that looks awesome. Self taught or were you a chef, in a previous life :)

Tried to make a spaghetti-ish dish using butternut squash cut into noodles. With a jar of pumpkin pasta sauce I added ground turkey, mushrooms, peas, shallots, and dried cranberries. Turned out well but more of a stew than pasta-esque dish. Next time I'll keep the butternut squash noodles separate and spoon the sauce over it.

Pan roasted Chilean Sea Bass, with a mushroom, onion, snap pea and roasted cherry tomato ragù; oven roasted Brussel sprouts and baby Yukon Gold potatoes; garnished with roasted garlic, basil pesto and sweet baby peppers.

full

Went to see Evanescence at The Greek Theatre last night. Down the street is a well known German restaurant/bar that I'd heard about years ago but never tried. Since I was in the area I figured it was time. Had an Andech's dopplebock and their smoked eisben. Not the usual schweinhaxen I prefer but porky, gelatinous goodness. How I didn't go into food coma during the night is beyond me.

In preparation for a trip back to Ireland next week, I'll be eating lean this week. Well, not before splurging today while I run some errands. A SoCal burger chain, Tommy's, specializes in chili burgers and just introduced a couple new breakfast items including this breakfast burrito. I just had to.
297o9g.jpg

Then for lunch (not that I was hungry, but I was in the area) I went to a metal themed burger joint called Grill 'Em All. They specialize in outlandish burgers. This one was the Cowboy From Hell which included pulled BBQ chicken and a couple different types of cheese.
19a4gi.jpg