• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

In preparation for a trip back to Ireland next week, I'll be eating lean this week. Well, not before splurging today while I run some errands. A SoCal burger chain, Tommy's, specializes in chili burgers and just introduced a couple new breakfast items including this breakfast burrito. I just had to.
297o9g.jpg

Then for lunch (not that I was hungry, but I was in the area) I went to a metal themed burger joint called Grill 'Em All. They specialize in outlandish burgers. This one was the Cowboy From Hell which included pulled BBQ chicken and a couple different types of cheese.
19a4gi.jpg
Omg...a Tommy's Chili breakfast burrito!? I'm driving up this weekend.

IMG_5075.JPG
Bison T-bone. A friend of mine had 4 bison on his farm and the highway dept took a fence down and the "buffalo roam"(ed). Being unable to corral them, they were dispatched and he ended up with 1.5 tons of meat. Had to buy 4 new freezers and has given a lot away. Darn good meat. All of which the highway department is paying for.

Wow. I wish I could get a hold of some bison steaks. Only get ground at Costco.

Wife and I will be going to Hy’s Steakhouse later as an early anniversary dinner. Never been there but I hear they are good.

Prep sucked, but turned 18lbs of pork butt into 13.5 quarts of awesome chili. Basically just pork, onions, garlic, spices and stock. Used a chef friend's recipe, his spice mix is great and it's added at 3 different points in the cooking to develop flavor.

20171111_101106.jpg 20171111_120759.jpg 20171111_180445.jpg

3BBC777D-8308-4555-B949-DB9EDD8D0E8F.jpeg
Apple, blueberry and pecan all before lunch! Wifey is going to make a pumpkin roll when she gets home and deserts will be done. Somehow over the years Thanksgiving has become my holiday. We’ll have 16 for diner tomorrow and as always I’m looking forward to it.