• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Turkey meatballs in a roasted red pepper sauce, asparagus on the side.
2e2qzio.jpg

My favorite Gyro place in NYC (Gyro II - 7th ave), closed down last year and I have been wanting to eat a good gyro but in my opinion, no other Gyro place that I have tried compares to them. Since this was my first time making a gyro from scratch, I decided to use chicken to simplify things a bit (I will have to figure out the combination of meats they used for their regular gyro). It turned out great!

Gyro II didn't use rosemary on their pita bread but a while back I read a post here about "rosemary bread" and figured that a pita bread would taste great with it.
full

Boneless chicken thigh strips seasoned with smoked paprika, dried thyme, kosher salt, black pepper, grated garlic, coriander seeds, chili flakes, the zest and juice of a lemon and olive oil.
full

Made the white sauce from scratch as well. Kept it NYC style and used the foil paper.
full

full

My favorite Gyro place in NYC (Gyro II - 7th ave), closed down last year and I have been wanting to eat a good gyro but in my opinion, no other Gyro place that I have tried compares to them. Since this was my first time making a gyro from scratch, I decided to use chicken to simplify things a bit (I will have to figure out the combination of meats they used for their regular gyro). It turned out great!

Gyro II didn't use rosemary on their pita bread but a while back I read a post here about "rosemary bread" and figured that a pita bread would taste great with it.

full

Damn, that looks awesome.

I really should've taken a picture, because it looked amazing---whipped up a quick stir fry of shrimp, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and basil, but tried black rice for the first time with it. Came out great with no fuss in my $9 rice cooker, tasted wonderful, and made for a pretty dramatic looking plate!

Oh, and I added a little cornstarch to my home made pho stock for the sauce. That was a winner too!

~Boar