• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Fooling around in the kitchen a bit---decided to try my Chicken Caprese technique on a salmon filet . . . then I got carried away and topped it with some lobster. :D

Parmesan-garlic roasted asparagus and black rice with herb butter to round out the plate:

29426036_10215528883245039_569664451814575225_n.jpg

~Boar

In transit back from my first time in NY. The food was amazing (the drinking as well). I'm sure I'll forget somethings but there was John's Pizza, roast duck and pork in Chinatown, steaks at Peter Luger, and pastrami at Katz's Deli. All were amazing and seriously makes me wonder why we don't have more (or any) of that in LA.

In transit back from my first time in NY. The food was amazing (the drinking as well). I'm sure I'll forget somethings but there was John's Pizza, roast duck and pork in Chinatown, steaks at Peter Luger, and pastrami at Katz's Deli. All were amazing and seriously makes me wonder why we don't have more (or any) of that in LA.

I had a pastrami sandwich from Katz's Deli yesterday :D

Not enough Italians and Jews migrated that far West. Same problem that we have here in NH. The pizza sucks and they actually ask you if you want mayo on your sandwich.

Doc

Same here! 12 pounds down so far... I miss beer the most - Alrhough, I did cheat last night.

Tuna on top of rabbit food.. Pretty damn good actually!
View attachment 19931

I'm just a tick past 5 down. I thought sugar/grain free would suck, but I'm doing good so far...however, it has only been 3.5 days.

Same here! 12 pounds down so far... I miss beer the most - Alrhough, I did cheat last night.

Tuna on top of rabbit food.. Pretty damn good actually!
View attachment 19931

Looks like you have some balsamic vinegar in there. If you are a fan of balsamic, try this one VSOP 25-Year Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar. I think that I have more bottles of these in my wine cooler than wine bottles :rolleyes:

Edited to add: William Sonoma have their own brand called "Williams Sonoma Balsamic Vinegar of Modena" that looks almost identical to the Oliver VSOP, trust me when I tell you this, it's not the same!

There are ways to cook healthy food and still be frigging delicious. It doesn't all have to be kale and rice cakes.
It doesn't? I'm getting to be an old man. I still eat like a teenager. As a matter of fact, I'm eating Maine seafood, fried, for the next four days. I just love fried oysters and clams not to mention shrimp and haddock. Screw 'em. Ya gotta die of something and it may as well be food. I live to eat and healthy food sucks. It's fat that makes food taste good. BTW, I've got blood work numbers that a long distance runner would be proud of. It's has more to do with one's genes than anything else.

Doc

There are ways to cook healthy food and still be frigging delicious. It doesn't all have to be kale and rice cakes.

Indeed! I grew up with big vegetable gardens, whole grains, home-baked bread, everything made from scratch. Still mostly cook that way, except for the bread (hardly ever eat any and never got the knack of baking it myself) and to be honest, too much sugar/fat/junk/processed crap in my diet leaves me feeling a bit queasy. :confused:

But flavor? Cajun, Tex-Mex, Italian, Asian, Bistro, Americana . . . . take your pick. Fresh herbs, lots of spices, roasting to bring out the flavors, you betcha.

I still do a version of Doc's "Captain's Deep Fried Platter" every once in awhile, but only about 2-3X a YEAR. I'd rather do a Low Country Boil with a double dose of Zatarain's anyway. :cool:

~Boar

Speaking of healthy things that aren't kale or rice cakes . . . Salmon Poke. Homemade. Oh baby. :D

29570977_10215565793607775_8922135312472457313_n.jpg

~Boar
Love poke !!!

Careful if you’re not using wild caught Salmon Boar! Had a friend who took on a nasty parasite eating medium rare farm raised salmon.
It was a quick way to lose weight though.....

Love poke !!!

It was a quick way to lose weight though.....

So there's an upside, then? o_O

So easy to make and so good! Ponzu, sesame oil, rice vinegar, mirin, sambal. Garlic and ginger to taste. Chopped scallions. That was basically it for the marinade/dressing. After that it was just chopping things up and making sushi rice.

~Boar