• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

On a flight to CA last week I read 32 Yolks by Eric Ripert, and I've been hungry ever since! The wife is off on an adventure, and I don't normally cook like this for myself, but Eric inspired me to create something. Duck is one of my favorite things of all time, and when I went shopping a few days ago my local grocery store had duck breast on sale. I bought a few and brined one of them yesterday. I couldn't find fresh cherries, so I opted for blackberries and worked a sauce that I had been conjuring since reading Eric's story of being a saucier in France. The results were quite good, if I don't say so myself.

Sous vied duck breast finished in a cast iron skillet, and a port and blackberry reduction sauce. Served with duck fat roasted potatoes and Cipolline onions, wilted spinach and duck fat sauteed Portobello mushrooms. 2018-10-10 21.18.58 (2).jpg

On a flight to CA last week I read 32 Yolks by Eric Ripert, and I've been hungry ever since! The wife is off on an adventure, and I don't normally cook like this for myself, but Eric inspired me to create something. Duck is one of my favorite things of all time, and when I went shopping a few days ago my local grocery store had duck breast on sale. I bought a few and brined one of them yesterday. I couldn't find fresh cherries, so I opted for blackberries and worked a sauce that I had been conjuring since reading Eric's story of being a saucier in France. The results were quite good, if I don't say so myself.

Sous vied duck breast finished in a cast iron skillet, and a port and blackberry reduction sauce. Served with duck fat roasted potatoes and Cipolline onions, wilted spinach and duck fat sauteed Portobello mushrooms. View attachment 22945
Good lord, I'd be all over that.

Btw, is it a cookbook or a narrative?

Good lord, I'd be all over that.

Btw, is it a cookbook or a narrative?

32 Yolks is a narrative. It's about Eric's life growing up in France, going to votech school to become a chef, and working his first few jobs. It ends rather abruptly when he moves to America in his early 20s. Overall, it was a nice story and was well written.