• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's the meaning of your CP name?

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
This is something for the newbs so they can learn a little about the older guys (since only a few will use search :sign: ) and also for some of the older guys to understand this newer generation. What's the story or meaning behind your name? There are some unusual ones out there that I know will have a good story behind it. Then there are others like mine that I just added a "y" to my last name and have no real meaning.

Interesting concept. Mine isn't anything truly special. I've gone by "Big Jake" or "Big Lilley" my whole life growing up, as I was unnaturally huge for my age (not fat....that didn't happen until college. :laugh: ). A 13 year old who's 6ft 1in and 220lbs with a 32 waist, well, that might put it into perspective...Though, that 13 year old grew into a 6ft. 3in., 330lb. man-child with a 46in. waist. :blush:

The numbers 6904...well, when I was a Left Tackle on the Offensive Line(or for those that don't follow football....this is typically the "Blind Side" Tackle) back in 2004, my jersey number was 69.

Yes....I do live in the glory days of high school football. Now If i just wouldn't have broken my tail bone my Senior year so that I could've taken those full-ride scholarships....

It's the name that was assigned to me by the witness protection program.

In 2001 while in college I was tasked with declaring an alias for myself as an artist. It had to be a single word, describe your work and how you approach your art.

I thought for a while and after trashing many a name it came down to emotion. Being the one man wolf pack that I was at the time, I had to modify the name in some way.

I wanted it to read the same, but be spelled slightly different so "emoshun" it was. Now it's my screen name on all my forums I frequent and the domain of my website. :)

-Jimmy

My name comes from a drunken college incident. I was with a bunch of people from my dorm, some random drunk kid ran up to us and screaming at us "you're a bunch of expletive taffers". We had no clue what the heck a taffer was, we assumed he made up the word, so my friend yells at him "Look you better just get out of here you squeeboo" Later we asked him what a squeeboo was, he said he made it up on the spot to counter the word taffer. I liked the word, so I stuck Sir on the front of it to make it more interesting.

I pulled a character - the reputed first European to ever smoke - straight out of smoking lore.

RDJ

-Mark

Two of my favorite authors: Stephen "King" and Piers "Ant"hony = Kingantz <--- added the Z as I liked it better than S.

I like trying to read/figure out vanity license plates when I'm sitting in traffic and since I'm also in the fire service and love doing "forcible entry" on locks, windows, and doors it was only natural I would try to make up a license plate for my personal vehicle. Never did apply for the plate so I used it here.

Since this was the first forum I had ever joined it didn't occur to me to use something people could pronounce, just more of a visual thing to go with my avatar (although my avatar has nothing to do with my job, it's a stuffed toy my little dog chewed one eye off of).

Wisco. Short for Wisconsin. Both my alma mater and my state of residence/origin.

When you say Wis-consin. You've said it all!

Mine is lame but has to do with an online game, diablo 2. I was sitting in my basement making my account for the game, and the players club championship was on tv. Knowing that a shorter name would be easier for people to remember and type, and that the brackets would put me at the top on friends lists because they go in alphabetical order, I chose {tpc}. I also used it for my forum name so that I could be easily recognized, and from that point it was easier to keep it the same across multiple forums.

Mine was a high school nickname. My last name is Eng and I had a brief stint as a WR on the football team.

When I played football my coach could never find me to run the play in. During a game, he got so fed up he drew a 3 ft. radius around him and said "This is the Eng-spot! Stay in the Eng-spot! If I turn around and you're not in the Eng-spot you'll be running laps all day in practice tomorrow." My teammates found it hilarious and it stuck, even through college.

Mine stems from my sisters name being Tammy and my aunt called her Yammit and well my name is Timmy so I was Ymmit. It caught on with all my cousins and it stuck so I ran with it. 07 was my sports number and my grandfathers favorite number. so in the end Ymmit07 = Timmy.

I grew up in Houston, then moved to a small East Texas town of 30,000 when I was a sophomore in high school. I lived on 20 acres, raised a few cows and hogs. I usually wear boots, jeans, a cowboy hat and I have an East Texas accent. After I graduated high school I spent 5 years in the US Navy traveling the world and experiencing great things.

After the US Navy while attending college, I worked for Domino’s Pizza. Most of my co-workers were college kids that grew up in Houston and had never experienced the small town country life. They really enjoyed making fun of the way I dressed and my accent. They decided I was a hick, but after traveling the world while in the US Navy, I had some culture, so came the name Cultured Hick.

Well, mine is quite easy as well.

All you have to do is ask any single woman between the ages of 25 and 55 within a 100 mile radius of my house...they'll tell you :whistling:

Jorel is a poor version of Jor-El - superman's father. Not sure why I didn't include the hyphen and capitalize E. But - love all things superman.

John