• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's the meaning of your CP name?

This thread may be fun to 'bump' since it's been some time? Perhaps the newer members would like to review and/or contribute. Cheers...

I have always enjoyed dabbling in woodworking, and various other hobbies in that vein. I have also always been very proud of my Scottish heritage. I can still recall my Grandmother taking me as a young man to see Pipe bands as they came through town- The Black Watch and Royal Highlanders to name a few. It stuck with me. Thus Kiltedcraftsman was born...

To take the story a touch further, another BOTL here in Boise-Blue Dragon, appeared on CP back around the 2005 time if memory serves. Stevehawk and I reached out to him and herfed a few times, became fast friends; and thus the original Spud Brothers of CP began. A few years later Blue and I were roomies for a time, then he performed my wedding ceremony in 2009. Then in 2012 we started Kilted Dragon Brewing together. And thus every ounce of time I had for CP soon evaporated ;)...

People always ask how we came up with the name. I always led off the story with 'we met online'...:D

I have always enjoyed dabbling in woodworking, and various other hobbies in that vein. I have also always been very proud of my Scottish heritage. I can still recall my Grandmother taking me as a young man to see Pipe bands as they came through town- The Black Watch and Royal Highlanders to name a few. It stuck with me. Thus Kiltedcraftsman was born...

To take the story a touch further, another BOTL here in Boise-Blue Dragon, appeared on CP back around the 2005 time if memory serves. Stevehawk and I reached out to him and herfed a few times, became fast friends; and thus the original Spud Brothers of CP began. A few years later Blue and I were roomies for a time, then he performed my wedding ceremony in 2009. Then in 2012 we started Kilted Dragon Brewing together. And thus every ounce of time I had for CP soon evaporated ;)...

People always ask how we came up with the name. I always led off the story with 'we met online'...:D

377587_orig.jpg

Proof! Jeremy on the left, Cory on the right.

I wish I had a good story but I don't...

First and last letter of my last name, a family thing

If you're ever in L.A., let me know. There's a small Scottish brewery named MacLeod close by that specializes in English style cask ales. I have no Scottish blood in me, but I dig the place.

Growing up, I hated it when people called me Johnny, or Johnny Boy...

A friend of mine started calling me JB recently and I guess I kind of embraced it... thus Johnny B.

Very interesting topic...
CigSid = Cig for cigars, and Sid for Society for Information Display (of course)

Who are you?

I work the midnight shift in the pharmacy in a hospital with a fairly active psychiatric department department. I’m constantly getting calls for haldol.

One night I answered the phone and the doctor said, “Just another stat haldol”. I guess I liked the moniker.