• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

a69372b8-c3d9-c7bd.jpg

My wife got me a Peterson "Irish Sea" bulldog!! It was originally for my birthday next month but she's HORRIBLE at keeping presents until birthday, Christmas etc. she always ends up giving them to me early. This was my Easter present!

I bought a nice Castello Paneled Bent. Beautiful straight grain. Pics will have to come later. I need to have a pipe sale to thin the herd. I've sort of fell in love with Castello. I've bought two, so far, and they smoke wonderfully allowing the sweetness of the Virginias and VaPers to really shine through. Looks like I'll move towards a seven day set of those. Keeping my eyes peeled for a nice 55.

Also got a Boswell Poker from Alan, which is drop dead gorgeous, and a great smoker. I gave up trying to buy from the site. Too much trouble.

I'm always on the watch for my first one. Even though the wife thinks it would make me look wise (for lack of a better word) ;)

Cellar just got a few pounds heavier. Now that SG stuff is back in-stock I stocked up on FVF, Kendal Plug and Navy Flake. Also grabbed some PS Luxury Navy, GH Lousianna Flake, C&D Star of the East and Engine 99. Added a tin of Sextant and Crooked Lane for good measure.

Just pulled the trigger on this little beauty from Cup of Joe's! I've always wanted a nose warmer.

ods86.jpg

Also some tins to celler from Pipes and Cigars.

1-McClellends Aniversary 100g
1-McClellends Dark Star 100g (my personal favroite at the moment)
1-FMOTT 100g
1-Orlick Golden Sliced 100g
1-Escudo 50g

Now the wait begins!!

Soooo.... My pipe came in yesterday. I got so excited I ripped the package open and took the pipe out of the Peterson bag.... This is what i got...
a6890b59-8ec4-0fb8.jpg

The pic is a little skewed. The bowl is probably just under an inch tall. I thought it was a toy! Really awesome grain but NOT what I wanted. I was looking for a full size bowl with a shorter stem. They have a Savinelli Short that has a full size bowl and I think it'll fit the bill (what I'm looking for) Hopefully they won't give me to much trouble swapping it out. It's already boxed up and ready to send back this morning.

This is what I'm looking at:
a6890b59-9058-50b3.jpg

Any input from you guys? Do one of you guys have one of these?

Thanks!

I don't have one of those particular pipes, but I have more than one Savinelli. I've had very good luck with them. Good smokers and nice to look at. I do not use the filters, but the adapter.

Just picked up a Boswell's Fluted Sitter. Looks like a nice beginner's pipe. Should be interesting.