• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When does a $5 bag Spanish Cedar Chips cost $10?

"I don't buy your B.S. story about your computer not working and you not being able to post. "

What time are all my posts? (AZ time) None in the evenings. Just during business hours. I also said You can have the box of shavings. I would have offered them free to the other guy but he's only been here for a short while. I have no idea if he's a contributor or not.

As far as the ashtray goes, have you ever taken the time to glue up over 100 pieces perfectly, get the glue off, turn it on a lathe and polish out the finish to perfection? These aren't easy to make and the materials I use, such as the tiger maple, is $25.00 a foot. Here's a link for you disbelievers.http://www.curlymaple.com/pvtstkmaple4.shtml If you just wanted a solid block turned into an ashtray, I'd do it cheap. Depending on the wood, probably under 40 bucks. I don't get it, you call me a retailer but you want stuff for free or for cost. Which is it going to be?

"I don't buy your B.S. story about your computer not working and you not being able to post. "

What time are all my posts? (AZ time) None in the evenings. Just during business hours. I also said You can have the box of shavings. I would have offered them free to the other guy but he's only been here for a short while. I have no idea if he's a contributor or not.

As far as the ashtray goes, have you ever taken the time to glue up over 100 pieces perfectly, get the glue off, turn it on a lathe and polish out the finish to perfection? These aren't easy to make and the materials I use, such as the tiger maple, is $25.00 a foot. Here's a link for you disbelievers.http://www.curlymaple.com/pvtstkmaple4.shtml If you just wanted a solid block turned into an ashtray, I'd do it cheap. Depending on the wood, probably under 40 bucks. I don't get it, you call me a retailer but you want stuff for free or for cost. Which is it going to be?

So what you're saying is you selectively charge for your scraps of garbage. Way to get the spirit of the place.:rolleyes:

What we want is what we always have for you to be honest! You are like the wolf in sheep's clothing. You came here as a hobbyist wowing people with your skills. It turns out you are a retailer out for a profit right down to the scraps. If you would've been honest from the beginning you wouldn't be in this predicament.

You can point all the fingers you want at us, but you should be pointing them at yourself.

What do you want me to call your group of PMers who have been keeping tabs on someone since 2008 and concluded in 2009 this guy was no good and waiting until now for him to make a pricing/gouging mistake to call him out on his prices, profits, hinge-making/jig-following skills, website award, etc.? I didn't mean watchdog in a bad way, so call yourselves whatever you want.

I post my opinions and make my decisions as the thread plays out and evidence or arguements are provided, instead of blindly following those that have figured it all out behind the scenes. It's my style and I understand you don't like it. Now call me a weasel for old tymes sake. :D

John

I also said You can have the box of shavings. I would have offered them free to the other guy but he's only been here for a short while. I have no idea if he's a contributor or not.
I'm not the one who wanted the shavings...you're getting mixed up.

Oooooh gollay ma, we got a live one!! Listen, YOU DID. No one called you a retailer here buddy, YOU DID. By your actions and by your sales. Sorry the community can't call a black and white striped zebra a horse, because it is a zebra, no matter how many times the zebra claims it is just a horse. Guess what, the community can't call a profiteering gouger a hobbyist, because you are a retailer, no matter how many frickin' times you claim you're just a hobbyist.

And NO, I have never taken the time to glue up over 100 pieces of wood together perfectly, I do something else for a living. I've no doubt that you do fine work, and I've seen it, but you misrepresented your "hobby" to the community, when all along a select group smelled your bullshit from day one. All of a sudden, you "turned pro," and started selling and pushing your products to the community. You misrepresented yourself, and now you're getting called out on it. Even Rod doesn't back you anymore, and knows you're just here in the community for some free advertising.

Oh, and you neglected to respond to my second part of my post regarding your woodworker of the year Cub Scout patch that you so gracefully obtained by getting all of your Kool-Aid drinkers to vote for you, and specifically asked for our votes. You're really starting to piss me off, you know that?

Because I am catagorized as a retailer, no matter what my volume is, I have to wear this. I have no problem with that. But don't chastize me for being what you tagged me with. I typically don't make more than minimum wage for the time I take. My labor rate in my 20 year old Audio business is $75.00 bucks an hour. That's retail!!!

I don't get it, you call me a retailer but you want stuff for free or for cost. Which is it going to be?

You are a retailer...we have no problem with you being a retailer. We don't expect you to do this for free or at cost, what we don't expect is for you to offer up cedar shavings coming off of boards purchased for a humidor or cabinet (that has to have been factored into the final cost) for $10....and then you come back and say you sell them for $5 in another post. That's where the profiteering/gouging questions have come from. Someone already paid for the wood by way of materials charge for the product....then you gather the scraps up and resell them. Then on top of that, it appears that you forgot a price you gave one member and then give a totally different price to someone else. Maybe you should have been more specific with your pricing, maybe you should have just offered it up for free, the maybes can keep going forever...see the points trying to be made now?

What do you want me to call your group of PMers who have been keeping tabs on someone since 2008 and concluded in 2009 this guy was no good and waiting until now for him to make a pricing/gouging mistake to call him out on his prices, profits, hinge-making/jig-following skills, website award, etc.? I didn't mean watchdog in a bad way, so call yourselves whatever you want.

I post my opinions and make my decisions as the thread plays out and evidence or arguements are provided, instead of blindly following those that have figured it all out behind the scenes. It's my style and I understand you don't like it. Now call me a weasel for old tymes sake.
biggrin.gif

John

Understood. Since we're the watchdogs now, can we tab you CP's self appointed moderator (as in dispute moderator)?

edit for clarity

I also said You can have the box of shavings. I would have offered them free to the other guy but he's only been here for a short while. I have no idea if he's a contributor or not.
I'm not the one who wanted the shavings...you're getting mixed up.

Oooooh gollay ma, we got a live one!! Listen, YOU DID. No one called you a retailer here buddy, YOU DID. By your actions and by your sales. Sorry the community can't call a black and white striped zebra a horse, because it is a zebra, no matter how many times the zebra claims it is just a horse. Guess what, the community can't call a profiteering gouger a hobbyist, because you are a retailer, no matter how many frickin' times you claim you're just a hobbyist.

And NO, I have never taken the time to glue up over 100 pieces of wood together perfectly, I do something else for a living. I've no doubt that you do fine work, and I've seen it, but you misrepresented your "hobby" to the community, when all along a select group smelled your bullshit from day one. All of a sudden, you "turned pro," and started selling and pushing your products to the community. You misrepresented yourself, and now you're getting called out on it. Even Rod doesn't back you anymore, and knows you're just here in the community for some free advertising.

Oh, and you neglected to respond to my second part of my post regarding your woodworker of the year Cub Scout patch that you so gracefully obtained by getting all of your Kool-Aid drinkers to vote for you, and specifically asked for our votes. You're really starting to piss me off, you know that?

As far as the wood working award goes, every contestant in the contest posted somewhere or another to get votes from their friends. You also quoted me wrong. The thread title was I could use your vote but the post said "If you think my work is worthy, I could use your vote" If I remember correctly. You could have voted for anything you liked. I didn't force anyone.

As far as the wood working award goes, every contestant in the contest posted somewhere or another to get votes from their friends. You also quoted me wrong. The thread title was I could use your vote but the post said "If you think my work is worthy, I could use your vote" If I remember correctly. You could have voted for anything you liked. I didn't force anyone.

Negative ghost-rider, I didn't quote you wrong. I actually placed your initial post into my response because I knew you would claim that. :D :laugh: :thumbs: :whistling: :sign: et al.

I don't get it, you call me a retailer but you want stuff for free or for cost. Which is it going to be?

You are a retailer...we have no problem with you being a retailer. We don't expect you to do this for free or at cost, what we don't expect is for you to offer up cedar shavings coming off of boards purchased for a humidor or cabinet (that has to have been factored into the final cost) for $10....and then you come back and say you sell them for $5 in another post. That's where the profiteering/gouging questions have come from. Someone already paid for the wood by way of materials charge for the product....then you gather the scraps up and resell them. Then on top of that, it appears that you forgot a price you gave one member and then give a totally different price to someone else. Maybe you should have been more specific with your pricing, maybe you should have just offered it up for free, the maybes can keep going forever...see the points trying to be made now?

I post my opinions and make my decisions as the thread plays out and evidence or arguements are provided, instead of blindly following those that have figured it all out behind the scenes. It's my style and I understand you don't like it. Now call me a weasel for old tymes sake.
biggrin.gif

John

Understood. Since we're the watchdogs now, can we tab you CP's self appointed moderator (as in dispute moderator)?

edit for clarity
Sure, so long as you tag everyone else who weighs in on a dispute the same, including yourself. What's your point, though?

Sorry for the long quote, but deleting is a pain on the iPhone.

John

You guys do realize that no one has bought any shavings from me what so ever don't you? There has been no gouging, over charging or any charging what so ever for shavings. You say it's factored into the build of a humi, I put so much time and care into the humi's I build. I don't even take into consideration if my profit margin is worth the time. The curved cabinet I'm building right now has almost 100 hrs in the finish alone. Do you need a picture?
You started all this over something that has never been sold to anyone. If I did choose to lower a price from 10 to 5, I have that prerogative. In any case. It's now free for the shipping. The box is about 12"x12". Only to someone that needs it though, not to anyone just wanting to argue. You must also be a member here for at least 90 days. First qualifying PM gets it.
Now there are no shavings to sell. Problem solved.

... Problem solved.

No, it's not. The "problem" will never be solved because your credibility has been damaged. You can't "buy" that back by sending someone free garbage (or a box full of c-notes).

In my opinion (and apparently many others), you've misrepresented yourself from the start around here. Unless you can make a time machine in that woodshop of yours, that cannot be remedied.

Sure, so long as you tag everyone else who weighs in on a dispute the same, including yourself. What's your point, though?

Sorry for the long quote, but deleting is a pain on the iPhone.

John

Mediator would have been the more appropriate term instead of moderator...my apologies for that.

My point is, you decided to "tag" certain people as "watchdogs", so I was just asking if having a "tag" for you would be just as appropriate? Yea, there are those of us that do our share of looking out, but you also do your own thing...that's my point. How often is it when you do "your thing" are you right? Yes, it's your opinion and everyone here is entitled to one, but it gets old watching you jump in with your fence straddling posts criticizing everyone involved, when 9 times out of ten, there's just one party at fault.

I post my opinions and make my decisions as the thread plays out and evidence or arguements are provided, instead of blindly following those that have figured it all out behind the scenes. It's my style and I understand you don't like it. Now call me a weasel for old tymes sake. :D

John

Just to clarify John.

I've got better things to do than PM everyone like some Gossipy old woman. There's been many a time though when something comes up in conversation, or someone has a concern that comes to me for my take (Newbie & Established both) on a situation. Quite often a buzzer goes off, and I think to myself "Well that sounds fishy", or "I had the same bad experience with this guy." I then just tuck it away, form my own opinion just watching to see what happens down the road.

A "group of PMers who have been keeping tabs" couldn't be further from the truth.

... Problem solved.

No, it's not. The "problem" will never be solved because your credibility has been damaged. You can't "buy" that back by sending someone free garbage (or a box full of c-notes).

In my opinion (and apparently many others), you've misrepresented yourself from the start around here. Unless you can make a time machine in that woodshop of yours, that cannot be remedied.

The quality of my work will outlast your opinion my friend.
Technically, I'm a manufacturer, not a retailer. I don't buy from someone else and mark up the price of a pre made product.
As far as the time machine goes, it's already been done.
385430623.jpg

You guys do realize that no one has bought any shavings from me what so ever don't you? There has been no gouging, over charging or any charging what so ever for shavings. You say it's factored into the build of a humi, I put so much time and care into the humi's I build. I don't even take into consideration if my profit margin is worth the time. The curved cabinet I'm building right now has almost 100 hrs in the finish alone. Do you need a picture?
You started all this over something that has never been sold to anyone. If I did choose to lower a price from 10 to 5, I have that prerogative. In any case. It's now free for the shipping. The box is about 12"x12". Only to someone that needs it though, not to anyone just wanting to argue. You must also be a member here for at least 90 days. First qualifying PM gets it.
Now there are no shavings to sell. Problem solved.

Are you trying to buy your way back into respect?

fail-dog.jpg

... Problem solved.

Technically, I'm a manufacturer, not a retailer. I don't buy from someone else and mark up the price of a pre made product.

I'm not your friend, and I couldn't care less how good your work is. The quality of your character is all that matters and you can't manufacture that.

A "group of PMers who have been keeping tabs" couldn't be further from the truth.

That line was in reference to when you said "It was very predictable when he suddenly announced that he was going into business, and also predictable was a lot of PM's going back and forth calling BS." Maybe I misunderstood what you meant. Maybe it wasn't PMs, but it seems like there's been a group out there for over a year just waiting...

... Problem solved.

I'm not your friend, and I couldn't care less how good your work is. The quality of your character is all that matters and you can't manufacture that.

AHHH if you only really knew me. You would know just how far off the mark you really are. I do the best for those I care for and I'm there if they need me in any way. If you ever needed my knowledge, even after this spat, I would help you out. So because you don't know me, your accusations and comments bring your character into question. I'm willing to over look it though. Anyway, I have to finish a display case for the Red Cross tonight so I'll get back to this fun tomorrow. Have a nice evening. :D

OMG, he's playing the Red Cross card. Damn, we've been so misguided.

Doc.