• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whytner humidor leaking

jstars10

Hello has anyone had a problem with these humidors. I purchased from Costco I turned the temp down and the condensation leaked and soaked a nice box of monti 2s. I'm now trying to dry out a bit to avoid mold. Any suggestions?

Hello has anyone had a problem with these humidors. I purchased from Costco I turned the temp down and the condensation leaked and soaked a nice box of monti 2s. I'm now trying to dry out a bit to avoid mold. Any suggestions?
Please Use the forum's search feature. This issue has been discussed before.

Edited to add more politeness. My intent was not to sound like a dick.

Last edited:
Use the forum's search feature. This issue has been discussed before.

That's not an answer, so why even bother posting?

OP, when the cold plate goes below dew point, it will sweat. That water has to go somewhere. Do you have to run the cooling cycle?

You need to have somewhere or a direction, for that condensation to go. I rigged up a condensation "track", that directed any condensation back into a bowl of beads. It works very well.

Were the #2s on the bottom of the cooler?

That's not an answer, so why even bother posting?

OP, when the cold plate goes below dew point, it will sweat. That water has to go somewhere. Do you have to run the cooling cycle?
Those of us who've been here a while often direct noobs to search. Especially if the responder knows the topic has been discussed. This saves us old timers answering questions that have already been asked. It's also a nod to the old adage, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he feeds himself for the rest of his life".

Doc

Those of us who've been here a while often direct noobs to search. Especially if the responder knows the topic has been discussed. This saves us old timers answering questions that have already been asked. It's also a nod to the old adage, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he feeds himself for the rest of his life".

Doc

Is this not a discussion forum?

Is this not a discussion forum?
LOL

Yes but like in court when they keep on asking the same questions in a different way, "Asked and answered"!

There must be at least ten of the same threads in the humidor forum. It's all good, except when we run with scissors all bets are off!

We are supposed to be the Internet's Friendliest Cigar Community.

Does this sound friendly?
"Use the forum's search feature. This issue has been discussed before."

I'd be willing to bet damn near everything on here has been discussed before. Might as well just shut the internet off, and go back to petroglyphs. :p

We are supposed to be the Internet's Friendliest Cigar Community.

Does this sound friendly?
"Use the forum's search feature. This issue has been discussed before."

I'd be willing to bet damn near everything on here has been discussed before. Might as well just shut the internet off, and go back to petroglyphs. :p

I think you have a point in that even if the answer is as simple as "this point has been discussed in various other threads". As we all know it is how you say it and not always what you say. If I were reading the first response to my question I would be put off. Plus he's been registered since 2006 and has a legit question/discussion point, so a terse response probably sounds like "fuck off you lazy asshole and look it up for yourself we're tired of answering the same question and I'm certainly not going out of my way to help you". I'm sure that's not what C wanted to say but I understand how it may come across that way.

Last edited:
Yeah they were right on the bottom. I think they are ok but I will smoke the one not looking well tonight. Thank you guys for your help I appreciate it.

I did look it up but could not find a good solution. I knew I would have to do something with th humidor but when you pay a lot of money for something t company should of been smart enough to find the solution themselves and someone might have spoken to the company about this very issue. I just did not know a way to bypass the dripping I mean it was bad I almost almost cost me a lot of cigars. I did not mean to say I could not find it myself I just needed a little help.I have been Here for a long time stopped smoking for a couple years and now just getting back into it.

Any chance you could catch the condensate in a pan of dessicant beads?

I came across a series on YouTube. Its called The Doctor Joe Show. When I was setting up my humidor I had several concerns. I can say this series was the most information in one place i could find. He goes into so much detail about the science of a hunidor and relative humidity. Controling condensation, and the causes for it.

Keep your humidor away from direct sunlight, away from heating and cooling vents, don't open it up constantly, check once a week for recharge of humidification, don't over stress fluctuations, do salt test your hygrometers, do calibrate your hygrometers, do used ONLY distilled water, collodial silver is THE only additive you should use, use beads, gel, floral foam, or Boveda products, fix any leak/drainage issues your cooler unit may have by modifying things a bit, you'll be OK.