• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine cooler question

Vicster

Social identity theory
With summer coming in quickly I have already seen the temp in my humidors exceed 70 deg a few times. Since I do not maintain a consistent temp at or below 70 in my house I have decided to start looking at a wine cooler arrangement. With a twist, since I have a nice cabinet humidor already, I thought of just placing that inside the cooler rather than do a full cooler-dor conversion. I found a 28 bottle cooler would fit both my cabinet and desk top humidor in with air circulation space. I would add the external thermostat but that is about all I would do.

Anyone doing this or any thoughts/issues with this?

Ok, 73 views and no responses. So I went ahead and got the cooler and will give this a shot.

If what you are wondering is if you can put your humidor in the wine cooler, as long as there is room, and you do not seat it at the bottom and do not let them touch the back wall, you will be fine, also, make sure it is a thermoelectric unit... What are you using in you humidors for humidity?

I purchased a thermoelectric unit and the humidor fits in very nicely. I built a baffle to prevent the fan from blowing directly on the back of the humidor which will allow the air to circulate around the entire unit. I am using HF beads in all of my humidors. It's interesting, I have done nothing other than get the temp set to 65 deg without the humidor in the cooler. The humidity is at a steady 67%, this will obviously change once I put the humidor in.

I would get some more beads to control the humidity in the cooler it self too... Keep on mind that there will be some condensation created by the cooling units and you want to keep it under control, maybe get some beads and place them at the bottom, and make something so that the water coming from the cooling units goes directly to the beads... I did this and went with one pound at the bottom, and an extra pound spread in the winedor ( I also have pieces of the heartfelt sheets in different places).