• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

World Cup Soccer Tourney Contest 2018

I have to say the bracket is pretty damn lopsided!! The right side of the above bracket is almost nothing compared to the amount of skill on the other side!! Crazy how it is drawing out.
PS: I will update the bracket after these 1pm games. THEN Round of 16 starts this Saturday the 30th!!!!!!!

My English friend is convinced England lost on purpose to be on perceived weaker side of the bracket. They did not start the captain Harry Kane, hmmm, good strategy? Since the sides were already decided by the start of today's matches England had the advantage of knowing what side of the bracket looked better.

My English friend is convinced England lost on purpose to be on perceived weaker side of the bracket. They did not start the captain Harry Kane, hmmm, good strategy? Since the sides were already decided by the start of today's matches England had the advantage of knowing what side of the bracket looked better.
I could see that being a strategy, but Its hard to lose on purpose. I just assume they didn't really push at all. But if that is the case, pretty damn smart!!

I need a good finish from Spain if I hope to keep my stogies! They are dominating at the moment but the feeling is... uneasy.

Update: Well, shit.

Last edited:
So, Acclaym, too bad, thought for sure you’d set Spain through.

Wow, that Japan and Belgium game was a blast! Not what I expected to see at all, but well worth watching.

Wow, that Japan and Belgium game was a blast! Not what I expected to see at all, but well worth watching.
So many great games this cup and a ton of goals. Maybe the sport can grab a few new football viewers and young players!

Here it is!
Succubus and Acclaym are the first two to exit with no teams remaining in the tournament. Some big games tomorrow, Friday the 6th!!
cp-wc-bracket.jpg