• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Would you pay $90 for a General Cohiba?

I would bet fish will bite if the cigar rags, bloggers, and press aka (cigar media) tout it the expensive Cohiba as the next best thing to a Cuban that is legal.

Truth is their are a lot of Cigars that do noting for me, I personally dislike, and cost under $25.00. They are boring, not intresting, just do talk to me saying this is great, and I must buy more. But some of my friends go nuts over these Cigar I do not like

But I also understand my taste buds are different than someone else's taste buds, who happy to smoke brands I personally dislike like Diesels, or Gerkha's.

Personally I don't get it why Cigar smoker just all get along, respecting one another ideas, opinion, and like and dislikes. We would be stronger as a group.

Want to fight & argue trying picking on the anti smoking crowd, try educating them about freedoms rights, and respecting one another's.

Last edited:
I received that email from CA yesterday where they make it sound like it was an important news flash from the show in Vegas. :rolleyes:

Too funny...what cigar smoker in their right mind would buy one? CigarBid...get ready!!

I would love to try one... There is something about great tobacco aging for several decades... the biological changes at this point morph the tobacco into a rare masterpiece, and with the proper blending, a world class cigar. Even though Ecuadoran and Nicaraguan tobacco (majority of the blend) can’t touch Cuban tobacco, I would be willing to “sample” the experience from something that so much effort was put into.

I would love to try one... There is something about great tobacco aging for several decades... the biological changes at this point morph the tobacco into a rare masterpiece, and with the proper blending, a world class cigar. Even though Ecuadoran and Nicaraguan tobacco (majority of the blend) can’t touch Cuban tobacco, I would be willing to “sample” the experience from something that so much effort was put into.
Agreed! I would love to try one, but it's not on my radar to run out and pay that kind of money to do so.

Well sooner or later you will find most General Tabacco's Cohiba's on CigarBid. Then you play the waiting game for them being ignored, and buy em reasonably.

This will be bought up by idiots who buy rare Gurkhas and those that bought the Stradivarius cigars. Like those, they will be available on clearance soon enough. I wouldn’t dare pay full price for this, no matter how rare.

This will be bought up by idiots who buy rare Gurkhas and those that bought the Stradivarius cigars. Like those, they will be available on clearance soon enough. I wouldn’t dare pay full price for this, no matter how rare.

Well Gurkhas might not be you favorite, but I know I world personally accept a check for $0.10 for ever Gurkhas sold in 2017. Why trash a fellow Cigar for their personal likes, does it make you fell like some hero?

Well Gurkhas might not be you favorite, but I know I world personally accept a check for $0.10 for ever Gurkhas sold in 2017. Why trash a fellow Cigar for their personal likes, does it make you fell like some hero?
Let me be a little more specific. I was referencing those limited edition, rare, high priced Gurkhas. The ones with artificially high MSRP.

Let me be a little more specific. I was referencing those limited edition, rare, high priced Gurkhas. The ones with artificially high MSRP.

Well in the good old days people pretty much respected one another, it was kind of live, and let live. Unless say someone committed a real crime against another person or their property.

I would rather see people enjoying their Cigars of choice what ever brand they like or can afford. We have guy in our local Cigar Club who love some strange stuff, that has zero appeal to me.

If a person loves Gurkha's, or high dollar, or limited edition Gurkha's who are they hurting? No one, I have more problem with people who text & try & drive a vehicle, putting other people sharing the road at risk. JMHO

Well in the good old days people pretty much respected one another, it was kind of live, and let live. Unless say someone committed a real crime against another person or their property.

I would rather see people enjoying their Cigars of choice what ever brand they like or can afford. We have guy in our local Cigar Club who love some strange stuff, that has zero appeal to me.

If a person loves Gurkha's, or high dollar, or limited edition Gurkha's who are they hurting? No one, I have more problem with people who text & try & drive a vehicle, putting other people sharing the road at risk. JMHO

We get it. We all embrace, the smoke what you like and like what you smoke. Either way, we still reserve the right to have an opinion on people who spend this kind of money on cigars, that we know aren't worth it. There is obviously a market for these, but if there isn't, we'll find them greatly discounted on CigarBid or somewhere else.

No need to continually beat a dead horse. Caesar has his opinion and you have yours. Your rambling won't change any of that.

IMHO you also do a lot of rambling about noting that is really life shaking, but I choose most of the time just to say to myself so what.

We have a local B & M in the Valley of the Sun, (great Phoenix area)[/I} that APPRENTLY is a big time Davidoff dealer. They carry one of the pricy $500.00/stick Davidoff's. Honeslty I just don't get a $500.0

You ramble about the same thing, over and over again. Nobody cares that you're trying to convince Caesar, that there are people who might enjoy these over priced cigars. Stop wasting our time, we get it. We understand, we don't need to read through your nonsense, to get your point.

I ramble on Cigar Pass, you're right. I ramble about cigars, beer and life in general. You'd understand why, if you were truly a contributing member of this forum. I've been here, now 14 years, you've been here a little over 2 months. You've ruffled more feathers, than anyone I can remember, in recent years. If you're here to hear yourself talk/type, there are other places for that.

IMHO you also do a lot of rambling about noting that is really life shaking, but I choose most of the time just to say to myself so what.

We have a local B & M in the Valley of the Sun, (great Phoenix area)[/I} that APPRENTLY is a big time Davidoff dealer. They carry one of the pricy $500.00/stick Davidoff's. Honeslty I just don't get a $500.0
You’re comparing a Davidoff with a Gurkha? Maybe there’s one Gurkha worth smoking. I’ve not found it, nor am I searching for it. There are several great Davidoffs at at various price points, that are very good. There’s far better sticks at all kinds of price points that are far better than Gurkha, in my opinion. The only one here going off on incoherent rambling is you bud. We can agree to disagree. Smoke what ever you like. Life’s too short to smoke crap. Enjoy what you enjoy. I’ll stick to everything but Gurkha and Acids.