• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zero Turn Mowers

Cparker

My dogs don't smoke
Seeking the experience or advice of the good folks of CP.

I bought my first zero turn mower in '16. Well, experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. It was a lemon, but resolved with the manufacturer and distributor, so they did stand behind it. I don't want to mention the brand because my experience may not be a fair depiction, but will share via PM.

I have now looked at Scag, Bobcat, Kubota and Grasshopper. I know I want a Kawasaki engine and at least a Z28 transmission. I need a small deck, 42" or less. Prefer a 36". I am mowing a 1/2 acre, but its a tough 1/2 acre. Takes me 2 hours with a Honda push mower.

Not really interested in the big box store brands. But, willing to listen to experience.

Thanks

Cparker

I have a Husqvarna M-ZT52 I got at the end of the year last year and I love it. I had to ditch the turf tires for AG tires do to my yard having some really steep hills but other than that it has been outstanding! I know it's a big box brand but if it's not the one you had an issue with it may be worth a look.

IMG_20180512_140516.jpg

Our back gate is to small for a large mower - I'm in the market for a 28-34in mower....and yes, I'd like the Kaw. engine.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, as I may just change the gate :D

John Deere X324 four wheel steering works for me. 22hp VTwin Kawasaki

A local landscape shop has Husqvarna models. They have the Z2800 transmission and Kawasaki engines, so I appreciate hearing from someone who has one.

To be fair, Lowe's and Home Depot sell some nice mowers. The issue for me is deck size of there models and where to take when it breaks.

Right now, Bobcat and Ferris are leading the hunt. I will say my prior model was my first zero turn. When it ran, it was the bomb. I could cut my backyard in 30 minutes versus 2 to 3 hours pushing. Lets me knock the yard out afterwork and spend Saturday pontificating in a cigar shop.

My mower I got at a commercial small business. Not Lowe's. This way they service it and deal with any warranty issues in the 4 year period. I'm not sure Lowe's has the big commercial mowers. Either way the deck is too big for you. But it has the hydro gears you want...

If that's Colorado, tank looking thing is most likely the window escape from a basement.

Bought a Ferris F60Z. 36" deck for my gate. Its a commercial mower and shows it. Had waist high grass, cut to 2" in one pass.
25hp, 3100 Transmission, fabricated deck. 4 year/500 hour warranty. And only cost $700 more than the broke one I settle on.

So far, pleased.